homeprocessing question

Ok, seriously now. There's a russian micro-tank out there that can take 200' spools, but I've never seen one for 400'. I don't think it would be hard to manufacture one however.

I'm actually working on my own home-processing station, as I want to save $$ on my fall effort, and buying the chemicals in bulk is a sure money-saver. My concern is more in how to get consistant results so as to get the look desired. I also need to look up the new chemical processes/times for Kodak's new Plus-X.

Yes George, I've been paying close attention to your website, hence why the concern over how to achieve the appropriate look I'm trying to get. I'm trying to achieve a very sharp light/dark contrast with the heavy grain to be found in Tri-X on Super8.

• Premium Member

Hi,

I presume you're talking about black and white only here? Okay, the temperature control required for colour processing actually gets easier the bigger the tank is, but it's frankly a rather complicated procedure and not something I'd care to try - and I'm probably the worst offender in the "do it in the back bedroom" stakes.

Phil

Right, Black and White only. (For the script I'm working on for the fall production, B&W is the best medium for the effect I'm trying for) It's being planned for a 20-30 minute short that I could extend to a full-length if the budget increases. I'm a penny pincher however, so if I can get the desired results with home processing, and it will save me a few bucks, I'll do it. I'm building myself a rig to try it first, however, on some Plus-X. (doing 10' segments at a time at first, till I can get it right)