xrayed 5245 iso 50D 400'

I went through the airport and TSA hand checked all my film except one 1 roll. It was a 400' roll of kodak 5245 iso50. It was xrayed and I am wondering if I should trash it(argh!) or shoot it. Is it still good? Is such a low asa saving me?

Thanks!

Dave

I went through the airport and TSA hand checked all my film except one 1 roll. It was a 400' roll of kodak 5245 iso50. It was xrayed and I am wondering if I should trash it(argh!) or shoot it. Is it still good? Is such a low asa saving me?

Thanks!

Dave

The low ASA has got to help at least a bit, also the hand luggage scanners aren't as bad as the cargo scanners, and people sometimes get away with it anyway. I'd be inclined to shoot something with it, if only because 5245 is so beautiful. However maybe not for shooting the really vital stuff. ;)

love

Freya

• Premium Member

Thanks!

Dave

One pass of an EI-50D film through a US (TSA) carry-on baggage scanner is unlikely to have fogged the film, but I would have your lab run a clip test on a few feet of film to look for any fog increase before shooting anything critical.

The CAT-type scanners used for CHECKED baggage WILL fog almost any film, regardless of speed.

I had some 7245 and 250 asa daylight go through a carry on machine twice while traveling and having stubborn inspectors who would not listen to the "hey it's film can you hand inspect for me?". They turned out to be fine that time, but I was nervous until I saw the processed film.

Best

Tim