Kino Flo Designer Colors

• Premium Member

I am interested in experimenting with several of the colored Kino Tubes, but none of the usual places have them listed in their online stores (FilmTools, etc.). So, where's the best place in California to find these things? Kino Flo directly? Are they approachable?

I am interested in experimenting with several of the colored Kino Tubes, but none of the usual places have them listed in their online stores (FilmTools, etc.). So, where's the best place in California to find these things? Kino Flo directly? Are they approachable?

Have you tried ESS in Northridge? They're a division of Hollywood Rentals and they have all the Kino parts.

There's not much of a web catalog, so you have to call.

818-407-7800 or 800-233-7830

You could also try Mole StudioDepot, but for what you need I'd try ESS first. You might even be able to by direct from Kino Flo (not sure about that).

• Premium Member
Hi,

If you want bright colours, why not just buy coloured tubes - it's not like it's about exact matching at that point.

Phil

Well that depends on what you're trying to do, like green or blue screen.

I've struck out trying to get green tubes before thinking they were more common. I would try Kinoflo directly.

• Premium Member
I got the spectral graph for the blue they have and it is, within the print accuracy of the graph, identical to the Kino blue output.

Bet they're not safety coated, though. But, thanks for your kind hearted attempt at helping me save some coin! Also, thank you to Matt and Michael for the leads, I'll check them out this week.

Hey Brian-

I'm not positive about this, but I feel like I've seen these on the B&H website before. Obviously not in California, but if that's not a requirement, you might do alright there.

Peace,

-Harry

you can buy directly, but you'll get better pricing from an authorized distributor. the color saturation as well as the cathode design of our lamps are for operation at hight output in professional studio luminaires. the blue and green screem lamps can be used for any color design lighting, but are most popular for visual effecets imaging.

inside california, contact our local rep: tom jacob here at kino flo at 818 767 6528 for advice on where to buyh and/or rent these lamps and other kino flo products.

regards,

scott stueckle

kino flo, inc.

• Premium Member
the color saturation as well as the cathode design of our lamps are for operation at hight output in professional studio luminaires.

Thank you, Scott. I only use Kino Flo brand fixtures and ballast because I believe your claims and I think they're the best. Appreciate your input here on this forum. Thanks again.

• Premium Member

Hi,

Given the way Kino ballasts (must) work, conventional tubes probably won't last quite so long, especially if you start them a lot.

That said, for anything other than carefully colour matched stuff, it wouldn't be hard to come out on top financially!

Phil