64t cross processed examples

dustwaterwindfire

does anyone have a clip of trying this? cross processing 64t as negative. I know forde labs will do it and I am considering experimenting with this and have only seen 16 and 35 and still versions of it. I guess if there are no clip examples just hearing from someone who has experience with this would be great. I searched the board and found a lot of people that were considering doing this or just talking about it. Any specific advice would be great.

• Premium Member

Yeah, I'm going to try this soon. I'd like to see some examples as well. I think that the main thing to remember is that the image will become even more grainy than s8 is already and that there will be even less latitude than reversal already has. You can use both of these things to your advantage if it's the look that fits your story. If you want it to look like Domino, you have to remember that they shot on 35mm and did a DI after they cross processed it to clean it up and get a consistent look.

I decided today that im gonna definitely shoot a test roll to see what i am in for. If it goes well i want to use it for a music video I am working on. I think this option could be perfect for the song, depending on how it looks for super 8. I'll post some frames when I get the film back. meanwhile there has to be someone out there that has done this and has a few flicks.

i cross-processed some 64t last year and have a dvd i can show you if you like, i'll try and do some frame-grabs as well. it was in the desert so it's not a fair example necessarily of what it could look like under different conditions, but yeah the contrast is insane, and the colors are pretty out there. really gorgeous though - more reminiscent of, say, fuji velvia cross processed as opposed to kodak '85.