35mm Camera Auctions

AvegaStudios

Hello everyone, very new to this site and love it! Okay does anybody know where i can find auctions for film and pro video equipment, i've heard of auctions of foreclosures with ridiculous prices for newer motion picture cameras and any equipment dealing with the entertainment industry. Anybody know about this?

Okay does anybody know where i can find auctions for film and pro video equipment, Anybody know about this?

I don't think you will find too many people on this forum that will recommend auctions. It's a risky way to buy such expensive equipment. If you intend to buy, I'd try DuAll Camera or Visual Products. They have period of time they will stand behind their cameras etc. If you buy something off ebay and it breaks, or worse yet arrives broken, the price to get it fixed can be substaintially more than the difference.

That being said, you can get working cameras there, but when was the last service? hows the registration? is it lubricated? You can drop a lot of money on finding out that kind of thing, let alone fixing a problem. I guess it depends if you mind taking a gamble. For 35mm equipment, I go for the sure thing. If you do ebay, talk to the seller. Be sure they know the camera very well, and get all the service info you can. If they don't know the camera well, or anything about the service record, I'd move on to another auction.