Mutant Chronicles

• Premium Member
Any way I've got to go, I've got some very important footage on 1" and 3/4 I need to look at. Can any one help me out?

R,

I've got both a 1" machine and a 3/4 deck! Help you out anytime!! ;-)

• Premium Member

Hey Wendell,

How are you doing? I really have enjoyed your posts on the forum. Best regards,wishes for your

projects sir. Thank you Mr. Nash for your post on Viper lenses. I wrote Arri today to request info

on their D-20. Phil I'm sorry you are muzzled but if you want you can e-mail me at pd170user@yahoo

.com. I would like to take the time to say that film will always be first in my mind and always. From a

a professional point I'm being forced to go digital still to please my clients or else I have no business.

I enjoyed all of your posts. I figured they would go 1080 but wondered if there might be some reason

I was unaware of to go 720.

Greg Gross

• Premium Member
That right there is one of the biggest differences between cinematography.com and .net.

No offense, Geoff, seriously.

Well, I think he was referring to the film he's shooting, not the websites. He's got other people to answer to with MC.

... but as I run CML there is going to be a lot more about Mutants there than there ever will be here

Apparently there will be now that you've squelched one of the more valued contributors to this community. This ticks me off. Sorry, Phil.

Well, I think he was referring to the film he's shooting, not the websites. He's got other people to answer to with

I understand that, Michael, but you'd think he could ask his crew to stay away from certain topics related to his project, not tell them to refrain from discussing the project entirely.

Every few months I get a request to remove or edit some old post that offends the marketing or legal department of some movie or production company and I've always satisfied the requests. MC would be no different.

It also makes me wonder about the content over at CML. Sounds like it all goes through a GB filter before it makes it to the reader.

I don't want this to tun into a .net vs. .com argument.

Well, I think he was referring to the film he's shooting, not the websites. He's got other people to answer to with MC.

Exactly Michael.

I'm not trying to control what is posted, yes I do moderate CML harder than you meoderate here, there's room for both approaches.

I'm not trying to muscle in on your world Tim.

Face it, if you were shooting a $25m movie where would you be talking about it?

I have to balance the need for some control, not upsetting TPTB and freedom of info.

I've told Phil he can post wherever the hell he wants on purely technical issues, for the why's and wherefores you'll have to put up with me :-)

Apparently there will be now that you've squelched one of the more valued contributors to this community. This ticks me off. Sorry, Phil.

I understand that, Michael, but you'd think he could ask his crew to stay away from certain topics related to his project, not tell them to refrain from discussing the project entirely.

It also makes me wonder about the content over at CML. Sounds like it all goes through a GB filter before it makes it to the reader.

I don't want this to tun into a .net vs. .com argument.

It looks like you really do Tim.

Of course every message on CML doesn't go through a GB filter, that is just plain stupid!

Of course CML reflects my approach to cinema.

I wonder how much experience Tim has dealing with paranois producers........

There are 6 people moderating CML the list reflects this, only the first few messages are moderated after than everything is open.

Yes I do try and keep the main lists exclusively ti high end professional cinema, that's what CML was set up for!