Easter Lake

Mooresville filmmaker inks a three-film deal

May 20, 2006 - (Mooresville, NC) ?Mooresville resident and filmmaker Tim Vogel, has signed a three film deal and more, with platinum record producer Dr. Freeze, as Director of Photography, Assistant Director, Associate Producer, and Assistant Editor. Vogel will be doing the principal photography for three movies being filmed between now and the end of the summer. A link with trailers and treatments will be available shortly. Stay tuned.

Vogel is currently working with May 13th Pictures' Dr. Freeze on the first-time Director's horror film "Easter Lake" in Boone, NC for the next 3-4 weeks. Vogel has already shot several scenes in the Hickory area as part of the ongoing project. The film is currently in negations with a major Hollywood studio for release and distribution, with a targeted release date and premier of Oct. 31st in LA, NY, and Hickory, NY.

The film is being shot entirely on digital cameras and in Black and White, using a Canon XL2 with 20X, 14X, and 3X lenses in B & W. Additionally, the majority of the night time shooting will be shot with a Sony Handy Cam using Nightvision.

Vogel said, "I have been very impressed with what I have seen to date, it's a very innovative project utilizing some VERY talented new comers to acting. It's similar to the "Blair Witch Project" and just as scary. I am very impressed with Freeze, he is not on the cutting edge of anything, he is creating a new edge, a new benchmark in film making." Vogel went on to say, ?With the advent of new technologies in the industry, film cameras are being shelved, plus with the added cost of film stock and film processing it makes digital production a more cost effective way of getting images to the theater. Film stock will only be used once in this project, from the editorial process on computers, straight to film for print production. Because we are entirely in black and white we won?t need the required color correction processes.?

Freeze is well known for his producing hit songs for artists such as Bell Biv DeVoe, Color Me Badd, and Michael Jackson.

The other two films, currently in pre-production, include "Game Shac", a comedy, and a remake of the Woody Allen movie. ?Take the Money and Run?."

Freeze is extremely pleased to have Vogel on his projects stating, ?Tim is bringing a lot of talent and experience to the films and we are really pleased with the work he has done so far. It?s awesome. It?s a real education process for me as well.? He added, ?I don?t want anyone else shooting my films.?

Vogel is the President of Attractions USA, based in Mooresville, providing video and film production services to the NC film industry and area businesses. Attractions USA also provides Web development services with clients such as the Town of Mooresville, Carolina Beer Company, Ryan Newman Motorsports and Penske Racing South. Vogel also has many credits for high end TV Commercials, industrials and other programming in the area including the fund raising video "To Win Your Heart" which starred NASCAR Driver's Ryan Newman, Bobby Allison and others. The video help to raise over $30,000 for the SCAN centers in Iredell County. www.stocksfortots.com