on russian kinor 16

Richardson Leao

hi all,

would anyone know how the oruginal pilot connection works (i mean, does it give out 50Hz pulses)? would anyone know the voltage? Also, i heard that old soviet movies were voiced over in studios but does anyone know if there was a russian equivalent for a nagra recorder, i mean a sync analog recorder?

спасибо (thanks)!

hi all,

would anyone know how the oruginal pilot connection works (i mean, does it give out 50Hz pulses)? would anyone know the voltage? Also, i heard that old soviet movies were voiced over in studios but does anyone know if there was a russian equivalent for a nagra recorder, i mean a sync analog recorder?

спасибо (thanks)!

Вы знаете русский язык ?

29 EPSS electrical motor of Kinor-16 SX camera have generator of Pilot- Signal .

29 EPSS motor have two connectros, the first - power connector, the second - Pilot Signal connector.

The Pilot signal connetcor have 4 pins :

pin 4, pin 2 - Pilot signal 50 Hz ( with speed 25 fps ) amplitude 1.5 v.+/- 0.2v on resistor 150 Ohm.

pin 4 pin 3 - start signal + 10v by resistor.

pin 1 "-12v"

If you need connect sound recorder Nagra-1, Nagra 4.2 you need set start signal from motor connector ( pins 4, 3 ) to connector :"pilot" of recored ( pins 1, 2, pin 1- ground )

The Pilot Signal you need take from pins 4-2 of motor and connect with connector " Pilot" pins 1, 4 ( 1 ground ) of Nagra recorder.

The other sound recorder can work without Start signal.

What this work.

If you press on start button, the motor run and electronic send start signal for run of sound recorder.

The amplitude of start signal 8-12v on resistor 1000 Ohm.

After 0.5-1 sec the start signal to stop and Pilot-Tone - begin.

The electrical motor have bulb for start marks on film.

The sound cord must have bridge.

If the electronics send start signal , the bulb inside body, near film gate, to shine and exposing of film.

Only start signal to stop, the bulb go out too and first picture of film will have first Pilot-tone on recorder.

If you need crystal sync motor, you can modify 29EPSS on crystal sync version.