16mm in Bangkok

Jeremy Rumas

Hi all,

Does anyone know of anywhere in Bangkok, Thailand where 16mm film can be purchased? I'm also wondering if any labs process 16mm in Bangkok?

I'd also like to mention how traveling here with film went for me. I flew to Bangkok from Chicago Ohare a few days ago. There was a stopover in Japan and a security checkpoint with x-ray machines there, too. I brought eight 100 foot rolls of 16mm with me and had no problem having them hand checked at either airport. I do not have a changing bag for them and this was not a problem. In Chicago they looked at the boxes of film under a machine that checks for traces of explosives(hopefully this machine does no harm). And in Japan they just looked them over. At both airports they did not go through the x-ray machine. My film was not opened. That sure was a relief for me. Hopefully the rest of my travels I have planned will go this smoothly.

-Jeremy Rumas

• Premium Member
Hi all,

Does anyone know of anywhere in Bangkok, Thailand where 16mm film can be purchased? I'm also wondering if any labs process 16mm in Bangkok?

Besides through the manufacturers local offices?

Fuji has a subsituary in Bankock, Fuji Photo Film (Thailand) Ltd. (Subsidiary)

S.P. Building, 8th Floor, 388 Phaholyothin Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand

They don't give a phone number and the web site thye link to is down.. perhaps the local phone information can connect you

Kodak, who made it easy by NOT USING MAcromedia Flash, (why do web folks use that, I makes it had to do normal web stuff like right clicking to start a new tab) is listed as

THAILAND

Kodak (Thailand) Ltd.

197 Vibhavadee Rangsit Road

Samsennai, Phavathai

Bangkok 10400, Thailand

Phone: 66 2 271 3040-59 Ext. 312

Fax: 66 2 209 4014

Their are three labs in Kodak's directory, the only one listed as doing 16mm Colour is

Kantana Co. Ltd

333 Ratchada Nives 301.19 Pracha Uthit Rd. Huay Knang

Bangkok 10320

274-2491-2 phone

274-2493 fax

Since FUJI has all their info in FLASH, I did not try to see if they have a simalar directroy.

I suspect that both firms would be quite happy to direct you to other local resorces.

Hi all,

I'd also like to mention how traveling here with film went for me. I flew to Bangkok from Chicago Ohare a few days ago. There was a stopover in Japan and a security checkpoint with x-ray machines there, too. I brought eight 100 foot rolls of 16mm with me and had no problem having them hand checked at either airport. I do not have a changing bag for them and this was not a problem. In Chicago they looked at the boxes of film under a machine that checks for traces of explosives(hopefully this machine does no harm). And in Japan they just looked them over. At both airports they did not go through the x-ray machine. My film was not opened. That sure was a relief for me. Hopefully the rest of my travels I have planned will go this smoothly.

-Jeremy Rumas

Fuji's contact details in Thailand are:

Fuji Photo Film (Thailand) Ltd

S.P. Building, 8th Floor,

388 Phaholyothin Road,

Bangkok 10400,

Thailand

Ph: 0066 2 273 0254

Kind regards,

Millie

Fujifilm UK

• Premium Member

NAWADHINSUKH POJ-PIMAN is the chief technical person at Kodak's Bangkok office. Here is the contact information:

poj-piman.nawadhinsukh@kodak.com

Direct Phone Line: +66 2 271 3040 ext 310

Thank you all for all the information. I dropped off a test roll of 16mm at Kantana today. My first roll of 16mm shot on the Bolex I aquired recently. Kantana processes 16mm, but does not make 16mm prints in case anyone wanted to know.

much appreciated,

Jeremy

Right now in Thailand there are big celebrations going on for the King's 60th year on the throne. Its been all over most of the television stations and the streets have been filled with a sea of people in yellow shirts, the color of the king.

I just saw on television that there is an official crew dressed in white naval suits, following the king around with 16mm wind up Bolex cameras. Even saw one guy hand cranking his. All shooting handheld. Couldn't believe it. Pretty much the same as the camera I brought over here. Thought this was pretty cool to see the king's camera crew shooting with hand cranked Bolex's.

Jeremy

Edited by Jeremy Rumas

Thought this was pretty cool to see the king's camera crew shooting with hand cranked Bolex's.

Thailand is really film savvy. They might want some of the footage to look like "Man on Fire".

If you need any equipment I was super please with Gear Head. It?s a huge camera, grip, and electrical facility. http://www.gearheadthailand.com/