CP-16R and Daylight Spools

Brad Skiles

Daylight spools take up a small amount of extra space in the magazine, so if the spindle or spool are not centered, you stand a greater likelihood of scraping noise in the magazine.

The feed magazine chamber is forward, takeup chamber rearward on the camera. Since they open from the left, indeed they are left and right, respectively.

• Premium Member
Can the CP-16Rs be loaded with 100' or 200' daylight spools in the 400' magazines?

in he days when TV news had "film at 11", it was common for news camerapeople to use 400 ft daylight spools, and to chnage them in the trunk of a car. (using the trunk lid for shade).. I think the 400 ft spools are becoming rare. I use one when I am re-spooling film for my filmo, as it is just a little bit of extra protction from light leaks in teh darkrroom. (wind on the 400 ft spool, and them rewind on the 100 ft spools.)

I've been trying to get my hands on as many 400 & 200 foot daylight spools as possible, because I like them for shooting when I know I'm pressed for time.

If anyone has any extras, I'll take them off your hands!

P.S. When loading the CP16 mag, remember the film is in a "99" pattern.

MP

"99" - that's a good way to remember how the mag should be loaded.

Another question-which if I don't get any answers on this thread I might have to start a new topic on the forum:

Does anyone know if there are rental houses in LA that have CP mount lenses? Hopefully, not too expensive either. I need something that goes a bit wider than 12mm. The Angenieux, with a minimum focus of 5', makes it difficult to shoot indoors.

Thanks,

Brad