Anton Bauer on a DSR-450WSP ?

Cotty Cam

Hi, new here. I'm a staff news cameraman / editor in the UK, exploring the possibility of having to buy some kit in the not-too-distant future.

I currently run a Beta SX camera (DNW-9WSP) with a wireless receiver plumbed in, and a couple of IDX batteries on the back. We were switched over from Anton Bauer Hytron 120s a couple of years ago (not my choice). Is it possible to mount a wireless receiver on the back of a DSR-450, and then Anton Bauer hardware on the back of that? I appreciate that Sony bricks and even the IDX bricks may be a better buy, but does anyone here use A.B. in preference? If so, any problems?

Cheers,

Cotty

• Premium Member
... Is it possible to mount a wireless receiver on the back of a DSR-450, and then Anton Bauer hardware on the back of that? I appreciate that Sony bricks and even the IDX bricks may be a better buy, but does anyone here use A.B. in preference? If so, any problems?

Hi Cotty: I use Anton-Bauer Dionic-90 & Hytron-50 batteries and a AB Titan-70 AC adapter/charger on my DSR-450WS camcorder. Works fine for me.

I don't own Sony's #CAWR855 wireless microphone receiver case (click on "Accessories") ...

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/BroadcastandBusin...&sp=11&id=80616

... but I believe the CAWR855 case mounts on the back of the camcorder like a V-lock battery, and I think it has a V-lock bracket on its other side, so a V-lock battery (or AB's #QR-DSR battery Gold Mount adapter plate) can be hung from the back of the CAWR855.

I haven't seen this combination in person myself, so I'm not 100% sure of its configuration, but your Sony and Anton-Bauer dealers should be able to confirm this.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, this is probably too late to help and it's not exactly what your looking for.

But...... Incase someone else runs into a similar problem I would highly recommend these wireless holders.

http://www.thebecgroup.com/

I was introduced to them back when i was shooting news. I loved them! They never get in the way and you didn't have to worry about your wireless getting crushed.

Miles

• 3 months later...

Thanks Miles. I've bookmarked the BEC site.

I've readied my kit and have a 450 with the CAWR855 on the back (with Sennheiser receiver aboard), and then a DSR Gold mount adapter on the back of *that* and finally a set of Hytron 140's that rotate on the back of all that lot. It's not too wobbly but I work in news and it gets a bit rough sometimes so I'll have to keep an eye on things. It all works quite well so I'm pleased with the layout. The Anton Bauer bricks do a great job of steadying things up and allowing a slightly back-heavy combo which is ideal for me.

YMMV

Cheers,

Cotty