Kodak Vision2 250D or 50D?

50D (5201/7201)

or

250D (5205/7205)

I'm wondering if anyone knows the significant differences between these two variaties of daylight stock are:

(whether, in general, film speed will determine any of the following)

i.e. Contrast, Grain, Latitude, Color sat, etc...

Thanks in advance

Edited by cvander

• Premium Member
50D (5201/7201)

or

250D (5205/7205)

I'm wondering if anyone knows the significant differences between these two variaties of daylight stock are:

(whether, in general, film speed will determine any of the following)

i.e. Contrast, Grain, Latitude, Color sat, etc...

Thanks in advance

Very similar in "look", except the Kodak VISION2 50D Color Negative Film 5201/7201 has less graininess than any other motion-picture film on the market. By design, all the normal contrast VISION2 films are intended to have similar tone scale and color reproduction.

P.S.: Please reduce the size of your signature image, so this thread won't need to be horizontally scrolled.

• Premium Member

P.S.: Please reduce the size of your signature image, so this thread won't need to be horizontally scrolled.

John, you really just need to get a Mac 23" monitor, then you'll be fine. : )

cvander: My practical experience with the two stocks is that 250D has a little more grain just as you'd expect. Vision2 50D is just amazing on a nice day, I mean it almost looks "too good." As a hobbyist, I sometimes prefer the look of a reversal film like the 100D or Kodachrome so when people see it on DVD they know its film. I always have both V2 50D and V250D on hand and use the 250D on a slightly cloudy day.