w/a & tele attachments for super 800

Guest wally

Guest wally

Here I am again, regarding the last posting for these accessories, what is the conversion factor for these parts. The lens are marked 1:4, and that would be 0.25x, but the w/a is nowhere near that, the same for the tele...

I tried a 0.33 Raynox w/a attachment for a Sony VX2100 on the super 800, but I can't focus correctly, although the frame coverage is much broader than the 1:4 (0.25 should be wider than the 0.33, I think, since my 0.5 w/a attachment has a smaller fisheye effect than the o.33)

Thanks again for everyone,

W.

• Premium Member
Here I am again, regarding the last posting for these accessories, what is the conversion factor for these parts. The lens are marked 1:4, and that would be 0.25x, but the w/a is nowhere near that, the same for the tele...

I tried a 0.33 Raynox w/a attachment for a Sony VX2100 on the super 800, but I can't focus correctly, although the frame coverage is much broader than the 1:4 (0.25 should be wider than the 0.33, I think, since my 0.5 w/a attachment has a smaller fisheye effect than the o.33)

Thanks again for everyone,

W.

Unless I'm mistaken, the 1.4 is a tele-extender, meaning you multiply your existing zoom setting by 1.4 to get your new measurement.

The .33 wide attachment probably needs to be focused via the wide angle macro setting that hopefully is an feature that your super-8 camera actually has.