Digibeta day for night

PhilPowers

hi guys - I need some advice as too how to achieve a good day for night using the sony 790. Im guessing a little desaturation and a blue filter with a couple of stops under will give me something in the way of a start. My question is has anyone out there succesfully used any day for night filter and what are you thoughts on such things. I will have to do all my effects in camera as no post tweaks are possible. The shoot is in a corridor with one side being a bank of windows that you will not be able to see out of due to my angle. I cannot shot this at night before you tell me to do that by the way. Im thinking of filling the forground to compensate for being under by 2-3 stops what sort of lighting are we talking about. (HMI im guessing but what rating??) I do have 13amp power available.

please help

all the best PP

• 2 weeks later...

HI, MAYBE YO SHOULD TRY WITH A 80 A FILTER. AND WORKING ON THE REMOTE WITH THE BLACK PEDESTAL HUES, TENDING IT TOWARD BLUES, UNDEREXPOSE MAYBE GOOD, BUT I DONT KNOW IF IMAGE CAN BE POOR SINCE IS NOT LIKE NEGATIVE, I DONT KNOW IF WORKING UNDER 70% WILL BE HEALTHY. YOUR CALL.

BEST REGARDS.

If you have daylight coming through the invisible window, you might get away with lighting the foreground with tungsten sources adding the desired amount of blue for fill. For instance you want a cool background light (suggesting moonlight coming through the windows) but not too blue you add 1/2 CTB to the tungsten sources and white balance to that. A fill with a full or even two stops would be o.k. but I would rather decide using a monitor. Keeping the talent not always covered with fill will help to round the illusion.

Markus