HMI Bulbs

I bought two HMI from visual products a month ago and my 1200w HMI bulb is not striking.

I was running it off an older outlet that I had to ground-lift. I pretty sure this is the reason it died. Though I'm not sure.

Anyway, where is a good place to get double-ended 1200w HMI bulbs? VP gave me a dealer but the bulb took like 2 weeks to get here.

Any suggestions would be great.

I bought two HMI from visual products a month ago and my 1200w HMI bulb is not striking.

I was running it off an older outlet that I had to ground-lift. I pretty sure this is the reason it died. Though I'm not sure.

Anyway, where is a good place to get double-ended 1200w HMI bulbs? VP gave me a dealer but the bulb took like 2 weeks to get here.

Any suggestions would be great.

that sucks cause HMI bulbs ar expensive, especially for a 1200W. Make sure its a 12amp outlet. Does the ballast work? If not, make sure you get that checked out too. On the ballast, you can strike on the lamp or on the ballast so it might be that. Anyways, double check before you go out and spend alot of a new bulb.

The outlet I started using is grounded and is most likely a 15amp outlet. The ballast appears to be working fine and I have been able to strike from both the head and ballast.

20060619-14.jpg

This is the bulb. Its a little black/grey discolored on the right side. Are the black dots on the bulb normal? My 575w has them too (no discoloration though) but it strikes fine.

The last 1200w bulb I got was $80, not bad.