Leicina Special vs. Beaulieu 7008

John Adolfi

OK let's hear what you have to say and why.

Hi;

I've never used a Beaulieu but I use a Leicina Special and can safely say it helps to make super 8 look all together a different animal to the soft and jittery stuff I used to think it was, of course it can't save you from bad work but we all know that dont we.

Olly

Guest santo
OK let's hear what you have to say and why.

The Leicina Special was a Leica product.

The Beaulieu was made by somebody else trying their best.

Leicina: the frame is steady like a rock (by the Beaulieu, no); easy to get the focus by the loop; no need of the film pressure plate; exposimeter very precise; the Schneider 6-66 is better the Scheneider 6-70 of the Beaulieu.

The only vantage of the Beaulieu is the chance to mount the wonderful Angenieux 6-90

Schneider 6-66 vote= 9,5

Angenieux 6-90 vote= 10 cum laude

leicina special, unsurpassed super 8 images with 10mm cinegon, best image stability of all cameras i have ever messed with. I currently own both cameras you mention, 7008 with 6-80 gives amazing images, 7008 image is not as steady as the special. Focussing is easier with the beaulieu, dont like 7008 trigger release, feels like it could break any minute. Special is a quality camera, possibly the finest ever made, better exp range too, along with a much,much,much more accurate exposure meter, special wins by a mile. Also you cannot pull focus on the beaulieu at or near full zoom without some lens wobble, no problem with the special which has a proper bayonet mount.

Edited by k25rip