Sunrise for Sunset and vice-versa?

• Premium Member

Has anybody ever shot at sunrise for a sunset scene or at sunset for a sunrise scene and how did you

make out? Also, has anybody ever shot at pre-dawn for after sunset or after sunset for pre-dawn?

Thanks.

• Premium Member
As long as it's not someone watching a sunset on the ocean on the East coast, you'll be fine. ;)

Thanks, Michael. That actually gave me a good laugh, reminding me of long ago when I was a p.a.

on a car commercial with this famous director and the company had come to the East Coast to get

away from "L.A. scenes" I think they called it. So we convoy to the last shot of the day, the car

on the beach but whoever scouted it aparently didn't know or report that at this time it was low tide and the

beautiful sandy beach was also rocky and seaweedy below the high tide line. I guess that they couldn't

frame or shoot around that so they had the p.a.'s carry five gallon buckets of sand (heavy!) across the

street to the inland marsh and create a "beach" there with the marsh water and no rocks.

At this point they shot looking in from the street ( looking Westward) so the sun set over their "beach" just

like good old L.A..