nizo 2056

Guest Paul Hanssen

Guest paulhanssen

Hi,

I am expecting an nizo 2056 in a few days ánd some vison 200t films for some shorts. I will have to shoot a test film first. I will be using a handheld meter and will test film in tungsten and daylight. I have a few questions:

a. For daylight filming: when I insert the cartridge, will the internal filter move away automatically and do I have to use an external filter? Or can I switch the internal filter back manually.

b. which external filter should I be using for daylight?

c. I will use a greycard and a model for filming at different stops for testing, and telecine the film and evaluate the results on televison screen; Do you have any additional tips??

d. any further tips on working with the 2056??

thanks a lot for the input!!!

Best wishes,

Paul

Edited by paulhanssen

When filming in light with a color temp of 5500 k (Daylight) and using tungsten balanced film (3200k) the correct external filter is an 85B.

The test rolls will be a great opportunity to see what your DOF is at different focal lengths, T stops, and subject distances.

Make sure you keep detailed camera reports to get the highest quality transfer. Unfortunately I do not have any experience with the 2056, so this is all the info I can provide. Good luck.

- Chris Gravat

DP / Editor

Orlando, FL

Hi,

I am expecting an nizo 2056 in a few days ánd some vison 200t films for some shorts. I will have to shoot a test film first. I will be using a handheld meter and will test film in tungsten and daylight. I have a few questions:

a. For daylight filming: when I insert the cartridge, will the internal filter move away automatically and do I have to use an external filter? Or can I switch the internal filter back manually.

b. which external filter should I be using for daylight?

c. I will use a greycard and a model for filming at different stops for testing, and telecine the film and evaluate the results on televison screen; Do you have any additional tips??

d. any further tips on working with the 2056??

thanks a lot for the input!!!

Best wishes,

Paul

• Premium Member
When filming in light with a color temp of 5500 k (Daylight) and using tungsten balanced film (3200k) the correct external filter is an 85B.

The test rolls will be a great opportunity to see what your DOF is at different focal lengths, T stops, and subject distances.

Make sure you keep detailed camera reports to get the highest quality transfer. Unfortunately I do not have any experience with the 2056, so this is all the info I can provide. Good luck.

- Chris Gravat

DP / Editor

Orlando, FL

I have a 2056. I recall having an issue over what kind of batteries it took. Read any verbage closely that you find on the battery handle or inside the battery handle. Your camera might take alkalines or NiCAD's, but not both.