'Cinematographer style'.....envy all who can see it on aug 3rd

Guest rajavel

Guest rajavel

wow....thats one of the fantastic invites..i received from the ASC magazine on the net...

but am not lucky enough right now to be in NY to attend the premiere of 'Cinematographer style'..

envy all those who are going to be sitting there...in the theatre...

congrats to David Mullen....to be part of that elite group of fantastic cinematographers.....

am really kicked that i have been interacting personally with that man all this while thro this

website forum. thanks to the .com

..am on the edge of the cliff to see that feature.....how do i get to see it???

thanks...congrats david once again.

cheers

rajavel

• Premium Member

I attended a special 35mm Rochester screening of "Cinematographers Style" for Kodak people on June 27 (Kodak was one of the corporate sponsors of the film). Excellent film with editing that blends the many interviews into a "train of thought" sequence of insights into the creative process. Also some very interesting cinematography in what are basically head shot interviews. Highly recommended.

Other reviews:

?In a word FANTASTIC! All who are interested in the genesis of creativity in all forms will find those passions resonating in this film. A great work.?

-Daryn Okada, ASC

President, American Society of Cinematographer

Informative and extremely entertaining. Riveting and fun. Superior cinematography: the lighting on the faces helped to bring out individual characters and personalities, and having the lighting change to illuminate (literally) the points the cinematographers were making was a brilliant idea.

-Robert Gitt

Chief Preservation Officer, UCLA Film & Television Archive

I am totally blown away by "Cinematographer Style". It is an inspiration. Please don't change one frame. When a cinematographer mentions a particular movie, the clip is rolling in my mind. This is a narrative film. It tells the story of cinematography and art and the movies in the most elegant way I've ever seen. You have created a work of art. Thumbs up.....way, way up.

-Russ Alsobrook, ASC.

This film will do for Cinematography what Blow- Up did for still photography.

-Jim Ruxin, Film editor and Professor

One hundred and ten world-class cinematographers' thoughts on their widely discussed but little understood art-plus-craft are packed into 86 minutes in "Cinematographer Style." The open and gracious manner of the subjects confirms what some already know: That no group in the film biz matches lensers as a collection of classy, level-headed folks.

- Robert Koehler, Variety

"CINEMATOGRAPHER STYLE" FOCUSES ON ART OF VISUAL STORYTELLING

110 Leading Cinematographers discuss the Art of How and Why Films Look the Way they Do

You Are Cordially Invited to Attend the New York Premiere of CINEMATOGRAPHER STYLE

French Institute

Florence Gould Hall

55 East 59th Street

(between Park & Madison)

New York, NY 10022

Thursday, August 3, 2006

6:30 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. - Screening

8:15 p.m. - 9:15 p.m. - Reception

RSVP to 1-800-863-5787. Limited seating.

This invitation is non-transferrable.

Sponsored by ARRI, Kodak and Technicolor.

Upcoming Los Angeles screening:

Laemmle Monica Theatre in Santa Monica, from August 11 ? 17, afternoons

Please visit www.cinematographerstyle.com or check LA Times schedule for further details.

Presented by ARRI, Kodak and Technicolor

in association with The American Society of Cinematographers

• 9 months later...
I would love to see this film screened in France. If there are any planned screenings I would love to know about it.

Truly wonderful film! Just attended 35mm screening here in Toronto at Kodak. Congrats to Mr. Mullen! A real testament to the generosity of these DPs and a reflection of their passion and obsession, and humility.