photography sites

Guest Daylight Magazine

Guest khaleeda kabani

this is a great site. does anyone know of a site similar relating to photography as well?

While photo.net was my own personal choice for photographic advice in the past, I have of late been seeking answers to photography questions at www.apug.org. While I know that digital photography is here to stay in the still realm and is making headway in the cine field, I find it quite annoying when digital buffs intrude in the film oriented fields of photo.net with "advice" like "why don't you just go digital?" or "it'd be better if you put it through photoshop!" or "why are you still using an enlarger?". If you are seeking film advice and don't one of these "helpful hints" then use APUG.org for an unbiased answer.

Regards.

~Karl Borowski

I often read the topics on photo.net

The attitude of intelligent and civilised people over there is to live and let

live. Yes there are people like that: do this, do that!! "Why are you still shooting on film?" "2000x3000 is as good as medium format" etc. etc.

The whole digital hype has ended in professional circles. The attitude today

is that digital is just another tool for work, not a replacement or anything.

And this is how most processional work today. Combining different films, different digital cameras for different sitiations.

Guest khaleeda kabani

i really appreciate your answers. karl, i did look up both sites. it is interesting to read the discussions on photo.net, but i would like to avoid that digital vs. film waste of time converse. as windman mentioned, they are two completely different mediums which i think deserve different sites.

thank you!