Which filter for Super 8

Matthew W. Phillips

• Premium Member

Yes, I was thinking about shooting some indoor footage with Pro8mm ASA 100 Tungsten Color Negative stock. I have an incandiscent kit so will I have to use a filter to white balance? Pardon the noob question but I'm switching over from digital where all I have to do is use a bounce card and press a button. My kit is

a 3-light 1250W kit (2 500, 1 250).

Also, with a 1250W kit, would that be enough light for ASA100 or should I go with ASA 500?

Appreciate any reply.

Guest shutter bug
Yes, I was thinking about shooting some indoor footage with Pro8mm ASA 100 Tungsten Color Negative stock. I have an incandiscent kit so will I have to use a filter to white balance? Pardon the noob question but I'm switching over from digital where all I have to do is use a bounce card and press a button. My kit is

a 3-light 1250W kit (2 500, 1 250).

Also, with a 1250W kit, would that be enough light for ASA100 or should I go with ASA 500?

Appreciate any reply.

unless my brain is really messed up the 100 you are talking about is 100T and your lights should be balaznced for it. checl the bulb or the lights to confirm they are tugsten.

i seriously doubt youll have enough light, i suggest setting up the lights in the location if you can beforehand and take a lightmeter and take some readings. youll probably be needing 500t