GSAP camera magazine loading instructions

Guest shutter bug

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have reloading instructions (poor quality scans) from "American Cine Enthusiast" as well as jpegs of the film path and Martin Baumgarten's instructions for making and using a loading jig. Send me an email or personal message with your email address and I will forward the info.

The old 50' magazines take dual-perf film (because the advance sprocket uses one perf and the claw the other). Film runs "bi-pack" style past the advance sprocket, and loops are left on either side of the gate. Loading is not dead-simple and it must be done in total darkness; you'll need to practise loading in light with dud film a half-dozen times before you get the hang of it:

Feed reel > advance sprocket > supply (top) loop > gate > takeup (bottom) loop > advance sprocket > takeup reel

Remember, when putting the top cover back on, hold the footage counter spring back, otherwise you won't get the cover closed.

Or you can buy NOS loaded (7231) magazines from Java Photo in Atlanta for about $20 apiece - they had about 1800 of them at last count.

Edited by Robert Hughes

Guest bye.bye

This was posted about with extream close up photos, on this forum, I think. Have a look at my posts and you may find it.

Michael Carter