HELP!!! URGENT NEED FOR ADVICE!!

Guest Ole Dost

Guest Ole Dost

Hi,

I´m a Kinor 16 sx-2m - User. Last night I´ve been loading a 400ft-Mag with 100ft Film on bobby (not on daylight spool). In total darkness. After I closed the Mag, I put it into the original KInor Mag-Bag (wich is not completely light-safe). In a room with some, but not a lot of light, I opened the Bag as I wanted to have a look to the Mag I´ve just been loading. I was really shocked when I realized, that the Mag was not properly closed! The Mag wasn´t completely open. But the two parts of the Mag didn´t stick to one another properely. I imediately closed the bag and closed the Mag again, this time completely.

What do you think? Is the film inside the Mag damaged now? Or can I still use it? AS I have to shoot on this film some important footage tomorrow, iut´s very important for me to know wether the film can still be used or it is destroyed...

I need some quick advice!

Thanks a lot,

Ole

another properely. I imediately closed the bag and closed the Mag again, this time completely.

What do you think? Is the film inside the Mag damaged now? Or can I still use it? AS I have to shoot on this film some important footage tomorrow, iut´s very important for me to know wether the film can still be used or it is destroyed...

I need some quick advice!

Thanks a lot,

Ole

You may get away with it, it all depends on the sensitivity of the film, the strength of the light and for how long, but best not to risk it for an important project. If you had already shot some footage on that film you would now be relying on crossed fingers, as you haven't yest why take the chance?

My understanding is that Kodak (maybe Fuji too) does an emergency service of getting film to you as quickly as possible, its probably worth calling them first thing in the morning to see if they can help you if you are commited to a schedule.

As its such a small quantity of film save it for some tests.

Always run your fingers around the magazine while still in the changing bag and ensure its securly shut before taking it out into the open. Immediatly use camera tape, or the can tape and tape around both magazine doors. Best to put tape over both latches too.

Guest Ole Dost
You may get away with it, it all depends on the sensitivity of the film, the strength of the light and for how long, but best not to risk it for an important project. If you had already shot some footage on that film you would now be relying on crossed fingers, as you haven't yest why take the chance?

My understanding is that Kodak (maybe Fuji too) does an emergency service of getting film to you as quickly as possible, its probably worth calling them first thing in the morning to see if they can help you if you are commited to a schedule.

As its such a small quantity of film save it for some tests.

Always run your fingers around the magazine while still in the changing bag and ensure its securly shut before taking it out into the open. Immediatly use camera tape, or the can tape and tape around both magazine doors. Best to put tape over both latches too.

Thanks for your replies! Well, between the two parts of the mag was a small gap... I didn´t look carefully enough (because I closed the Mag Case so quick) to find out, if the gap was really big enough to let light in... The Film was Vision2 50D...

Thanks for your replies! Well, between the two parts of the mag was a small gap... I didn´t look carefully enough (because I closed the Mag Case so quick) to find out, if the gap was really big enough to let light in... The Film was Vision2 50D...

i particularly liked the effect of light in half of the emulsion. i did it with tri-x and developed myself, so no lab costs, but i thought it was quite cool to se the random effects of the light. But again, i like experimental stuff a lot. Maybe, if you are up to it, get a C41 kit and develop some stripes to see before sending it to the lab.

Hi Ole.

Kodak film have rem-jet layer, and this layer protect emulsion of next film convolution, but, the holes of perforation let pass light. And emulsion near perforation and a some length from begin and end can be destroy.

Any case, not need run risks, not need use this film for important project.

A some words about Kinor magazines.

If you forget and not turn ( to set ) of rollers on position of closed, near cog-wheel, after you set film, the lid of magazine not possible to be closed .

Need to check a position of rollers before closing a lid.