16mm London

Gareth Munden

Hi All,

I wanna shoot a test on my K-3 and would like to shoot only 100' of film ( colour or maybe B&W ) any more is a waste as it's only a test. Is there anywhere in London ( or somewhere I could post the film ) that will handle that amount of stock?. Most say they have a 500' min.

Thanks everyone.

Soho Images in London used to process small amounts of stock if it is for print or TK, however I am not sure if they still do. I have given them 200' in the past, which they were happy to proccess for me.

Good luck.

Why not shoot a roll of reversal, say 100ft of 100D and ship to Andec for processing. Another option is a roll of k40. Or again a roll of BW and ship to Andec. Did you require a projectional image of require the processed film on tape?

Soho Images should do a 1 light to DV or Beta for you, however, on such a small amount of stock, what you get back might be a bit rough and ready, but if the purpose is to test your camera then it should not be too much of an issue.

Personally I prefer to use Todd AO in Camden, but that usually costs £250/hour for attended TK. I am not sure if they will process 100' either, but worth giving them a call.

I believe that NOWhere lab only do optical prints and not TK, but I might be wrong on that.

Soho Images should do a 1 light to DV or Beta for you, however, on such a small amount of stock, what you get back might be a bit rough and ready, but if the purpose is to test your camera then it should not be too much of an issue.

Personally I prefer to use Todd AO in Camden, but that usually costs £250/hour for attended TK. I am not sure if they will process 100' either, but worth giving them a call.

I believe that NOWhere lab only do optical prints and not TK, but I might be wrong on that.

No.Where has a Video Steenbeck which they use for telecine to minDV/DVCAM for £16 for per hundred foot roll.

I've had them done black/white film telecined for me, but I believe it can do colour neg, but perhaps with limited control.

Remember though they are an artists lab so, so they have no intention of meeting proffesional standards, for example they won't clean the film before telecine.

If its for a test though it should be okay, and they are very helpful and energetic people.

Ive used Soho Images for a couple of short test runs and ive been impressed with the quality of the process/telecine - a few weeks ago sent 3x100ft rolls of colour neg for process and one light transfer and also two rolls of k40 for telecine and it all came to £99, only took a couple of days too.