film processing

skaterat50

i was trying to find some place to process 16mm black and white and was hoping for advice on good labs being from oklahoma all places ive called locally have laughed, i am struggling finding a lab so i was considering trying it my self thanks.

• Premium Member
i was trying to find some place to process 16mm black and white and was hoping for advice on good labs being from oklahoma all places.

Try blackandwhitefilmfactory.com in toronto. - worth the trip. You will probaly have more luck looking for labs in places where there are film production.

• Premium Member

Kodak has an on-line directory of labs, listing the processing services they provide:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/....4.17&lc=en

Note the information in the directory is based on information provided by each lab, so ask them to update with Kodak if the information is wrong:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/....17.4&lc=en

I'm from alaska so I have been there. Currently I am endorsing Colorlab. Keep in mind I am prepping my first 16mm but service rendered when there is no money I feel is a great indicator. The labs that told me to F-off (figurativley speaking) when I ask for advice are the ones that probably don't care about you until you have 10 miles to proccess.

Color Lab (from the help Horstman has given, along with several other employees out there) before I even sent them a foot a film shows to me at least they are concerned with all their clients needs, not just the big fish. There were some other good labs around. Alpha cine in seattle was awsome, but colorlab definatley gave the help a newbie needed to feel comfortable (and prices matched my light wallet)

So dan, you got 4200 feet of space ready October 24th? Cause I am telling you a cinematic masterpiece will be working its way through your machines ;) well, to quote garth algar 'I just hope you don't think it sucks'

• Premium Member
I'm from alaska so I have been there.

Have you tried Forde Labs in Seattle? They can handle B&W neg & reversal, Color Reversal (7285, 7280) and color negative of course. Super 8, 16mm and 35mm. I shoot Super 8 and S16 in all types of stock and use them when I have Super 8 or non color negative stocks.

There's a great lab in Dallas called "The Lab @ Video Post & Transfer." They've done a good job many times for me and they are very responsive to questions. Only color negative 16 & 35 though.

Fordelabs

The Lab @ Video Post & Transfer

I'm from alaska so I have been there. Currently I am endorsing Colorlab. Keep in mind I am prepping my first 16mm but service rendered when there is no money I feel is a great indicator. The labs that told me to F-off (figurativley speaking) when I ask for advice are the ones that probably don't care about you until you have 10 miles to proccess.

Color Lab (from the help Horstman has given, along with several other employees out there) before I even sent them a foot a film shows to me at least they are concerned with all their clients needs, not just the big fish. There were some other good labs around. Alpha cine in seattle was awsome, but colorlab definatley gave the help a newbie needed to feel comfortable (and prices matched my light wallet)

So dan, you got 4200 feet of space ready October 24th? Cause I am telling you a cinematic masterpiece will be working its way through your machines ;) well, to quote garth algar 'I just hope you don't think it sucks'

Thanks for the nice review of our customer service. I'll pass it on to Jake and Kevin.

We are ready for your project.

Unfortunately I won't be here to see the film when it comes in. I'm moving out to LA to try and sell some scripts the first week in October. But Kevin and Jake will take good care of you. I'll still be checking in here on the boards regularly and trying to answer as many questions as I can...but my profile won't say Industry Rep anymore.

Dan