ENG Security

GLPVideo

I locked the menu items and now can't unlock it, using the directions in Goodmans Guide , I don't have the main manual with me so can anyone tell me how to unlock the ENG security option?

Dow

Yep, I've done that and it got me to the menu, where I changed it to lock, then I went back to unlock it and I can't get the options menu back. I've tried short pushes, long pushes on the menu button, nothing seems to work.

Dow

Hi Dow,

Try again. Hold the light button down. just momentarily push the Menu button. Release the light button.

Just did it on my camera, should work for you. Key is the Momentary button push on the menu button.

Hope that helps,

Jan

Jan,

I tried it again, and I know it sounds crazy but the option menu will not come up. It worked when I locked it. I did just that, hold the light button down and briefly hit the menu button. It did it once but it got stupid or something. Is there another way around this?

Thanks

Dow

Well it sure isn't easily bypassed. I called Roger Macie (he set it up for me as he does all my Beta gear) and he hasn't run into this problem so he refered me to you. I know you think I'm crazy but it just will not work again. You said you tried your camera but did you lock it then go back and unlock it? Something is either wrong or there are other buttons that need to be pushed to get this unlocked. I really appreciate you finding an answer, for now it's not a problem I have a shoot with it on Sunday but I happened to lock it in the mode I'll be shooting in, thank God, but I'll need a fix.

Thanks for your help Jan.

Dow :)

Hi,

I locked, ulnocked and locked and unlocked, each time coming out of the menus. It all worked as planned. I can only suggest that you send your camera to me and I will have my service group figure out the problem, unless I can first. Is this your camera? Do you have a Goodman's Guide? Say Hi to Roger Macie for me.

Contact me off list at crittendenj@us.panasonic.com . Please let me know your full name, phone number and address in the email.

Best regards.

Jan

Hi,

Apparently with the serial numbers that have the letters THB in the middle of them, the methodology changes.

Turn your camera off, Turn the Color Bars/Camera Switch to Bars. Hold the ABB switch on while you turn the camera on, then do the light button and menu button as described above.

Hope that helps,

Jan