This camera

Matthew Buick

• Premium Member
Here's Super 8 Camera I'm currently winning a bid on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...I:IT&ih=004

Is this a good deal ?

So you go by Susan B?

It's better to find a completed auction and ask about a camera than a live auction because you run the risk of others bidding on it, unless that was your secret plan. :ph34r:

The camera will probably need a thorough servicing. Any internal rubber parts (assuming there are a couple) will probably need to be replaced and the grease may have dried up from lack of use as well.

I would guess that a servicing for that camera will run anywhere from $250 - $500 dollars depending on what is done.

So you go by Susan B?

It's better to find a completed auction and ask about a camera than a live auction because you run the risk of others bidding on it, unless that was your secret plan. :ph34r:

The camera will probably need a thorough servicing. Any internal rubber parts (assuming there are a couple) will probably need to be replaced and the grease may have dried up from lack of use as well.

I would guess that a servicing for that camera will run anywhere from $250 - $500 dollars depending on what is done.

Susanb is my mother's user, and I was trying to get rid of that money trap.

If I do end up winning it, will I be able to recover my expenditure by taking it apart and selling it as spares ?

Matthew Buick :ph34r:

EDIT : I've been outbid, what sort of n00b bids on a camera that needs loads of servicing, you would never catch me doing that.

Edited by Matthew Buick

• Premium Member
Susanb is my mother's user, and I was trying to get rid of that money trap.

Aha, so it was a secret trap.

If I do end up winning it, will I be able to recover my expenditure by taking it apart and selling it as spares ?

Probably not. The lens might attract some attention. I think of the camera as possibly a good deal even if it does need maintenance. In 16mm and 35mm, people get servicing done on their cameras and they understand that's part of their responsibility to their craft.

Matthew Buick :ph34r:

EDIT : I've been outbid, what sort of n00b bids on a camera that needs loads of servicing, you would never catch me doing that.

Not loads of servicing, really just a standard servicing might do the trick.