Arri BL 2 Problems

Gary Robinson

I bought an Arri BL2 a while ago and tested it (almost) for the first time last weekend. I ran a roll through and it went fine. The next day, I kept getting a sync, start alarm and and camera wouldn't run. I tried a new battery and cable and now the camera runs fine, but it won't stop. I have to unplug it to stop. The button and switch aren't working. Could this be related to the small battery in the footage counter area which I haven't test (and am having trouble getting out)? Has anyone else had a similar problem with this camera? Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Gary R.

Hi- disregard if you already know this, but on the BL-2 if both the handgrip and body switches are set to "on", then you won't be able to turn the camera off with only one of the switches- they both must be in the off position.

The handgrip switches always seem to be sticky, so maybe that might be part of the problem?....

good luck tracking it down!

maybe too obvious but give Arriflex here in Burbank a call...

or try CamTec (an Arriflex rental house), they have a great Arri tech there...

they hooked me up with a retired Arriflex tech from Germany who did some work on my Arriflex M...

Thanks guys. I think I might have a sticky button. I'll try those places too. One more question. I'm trying to put the Arri lens blimp on my Angenioux 25-250mm lens and having a tough time with it. Do the 3 guide screws go into holes, or the grooves on the rings around the moveable zoom lens segments? Do the 2 rubber holders get in the way when they're put back in place? I have the Fauer Arriflex 35 book but it doesn't cover the blimp.

Thanks,

Gary R.

www.sharpcut.com

• 10 months later...
Thanks guys.  I think I might have a sticky button.  I'll try those places too.  One more question.  I'm trying to put the Arri lens blimp on my Angenioux 25-250mm lens and having a tough time with it.  Do the 3 guide screws go into holes, or the grooves on the rings around the moveable zoom lens segments?  Do the 2 rubber holders get in the way when they're put back in place?  I have the Fauer Arriflex 35 book but it doesn't cover the blimp.

Thanks,

Gary R.

www.sharpcut.com

I got also a BL2 and have the zoom blimp but the lens is the angenioux 20-120 and the screws goes on the moveable rings and the two rubber holders shouldn't get in the way...