finding obsolete lamps

Tom Khazoyan

Hi All,

I've got a pair of old Arrisun 12 (1200W) HMI PAR heads. They are working but I'm going to be using them on an upcoming project. I want at least one spare lamp for them. The problem is that they use HMI 1200W/Par64 lamps. Osram no longer makes them and the current manufacturers make them by special order only. So the vendors want a minimum order of 10 lamps (@ $5-600 each)!

I'm looking for more sources for such lamps. Or a few other owners who want to pick up spares!

Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Guest david west

the best price i was able to find was 380 each from MULTI-LITE, when ordered in a quantity of ten... i only needed one though... let me know if you order some, i will take one...

-------------------------------------------------

$380... Amglo... Will this work for you? Thanks much!

Thanks & Best Regards,

Chadwick A. Jakeway

- General Manager -

MULTI-LITE USA, INC.

International Lamp Sales

(A member of the Multi-Lite Group: Burbank*Hamburg*Shanghai) CJakeway@Multi-Lite.com

+1 (818) 846 1814 office

+1 (818) 846 3966 fax

+1 (626) 533 0685 cell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

the best price i was able to find was 380 each from MULTI-LITE, when ordered in a quantity of ten... i only needed one though... let me know if you order some, i will take one...

-------------------------------------------------

$380... Amglo... Will this work for you? Thanks much!

Thanks & Best Regards,

Chadwick A. Jakeway

- General Manager -

MULTI-LITE USA, INC.

International Lamp Sales

(A member of the Multi-Lite Group: Burbank*Hamburg*Shanghai) CJakeway@Multi-Lite.com

+1 (818) 846 1814 office

+1 (818) 846 3966 fax

+1 (626) 533 0685 cell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a bit better than the best quote I received- about $500 each (for min. 10 units). But the quantity gets everyone.

I need a couple. I'll pass the word around. Maybe we can do a group-buy. If you know of anyone who needs some, let them know. I did ask Barbizon here in Denver if they wanted to stock a few but haven't heard back. Arri's offices refer you first to Barbizon if you ask about the PAR64s. But, of course Barbizon doesn't have any either. Thanks for the tip.

• 3 months later...

What is the definitive answer on these older HMI Pars with the sealed beam globes. I recall an old thread where someone said they had retrofitted a fixture to use a relector and a single ended lamp. But I can't seem to locate it. Old ARRI 1.2 Pars, buy them, or avoid them?

Hi All,

I finally found the 1200W HMI Par64 globes. One source quoted $850/each!

In the end, we got part of a special order from Kennedy Webster. Our cost was a much more reasonable $275 or so. We got four spares for our two heads. In our case, we are going into production in a foreign country so we can't leave anything to chance.

Here is their info.

Owner: Raymond Schulmacher

C/O Kennedy Webster Electric CO.

133 North Jefferson Street

Chicago IL. 60661

PH: (800) 531.2852

Fax: 312.876.1612

raymond.schulmacher@kennedywebster.com

My opinion is that I would probably think very hard before purchase those heads. I was naive and un-informed, as were my DP and Gaffer. The globes were only recently discontinued and we didn't do our research ahead of time. But for our purposes on this production, I'm happy with them. If they die by the end of production in the jungle, we'll just walk away from them. We could never afford to rent comparable lights in our situation. But I anticipate they'll come home and we'll keep them going for a while.

I have heard about retrofits, but I can't Google any info on them, so it's probably something I'd have to dig around for. Maybe when I have nothing else to do some year... ;-)

- Tom

• 10 months later...
Hi All,

I've got a pair of old Arrisun 12 (1200W) HMI PAR heads. They are working but I'm going to be using them on an upcoming project. I want at least one spare lamp for them. The problem is that they use HMI 1200W/Par64 lamps. Osram no longer makes them and the current manufacturers make them by special order only. So the vendors want a minimum order of 10 lamps (@ $5-600 each)!

I'm looking for more sources for such lamps. Or a few other owners who want to pick up spares!

Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Hi Tom

I have 2 new lamps (bought from Lights 64) and looking for heads only-

Maybe you want to sell. I need only heads without ballasts so ?????

My email: dariogumiak@op.pl