The Host

Hi

im going to watch a (japanese?) horror movie tonight at the cinemas here in singapore, which is called "the host"...i think the original title is "guemuru" (http://www.guemuru.com/).

the trailer looks pretty promising and i was wondering if the movie is getting...or allready got a release at some western cinemas as well ?

anyone seen it by any chance ?

the film is actually korean. i did a yahoo theatre search with no luck, if anything it will just go straight to video. to tell you the truth I was not impressed by the trailer, not a single frame made me want to view it. Which is a shame since Korea has been producing some amazing films in the last 10 years. By the way I did get a chance to view your showreel, now that had cinematic vision.

oh korean, ok. yeah i heard a lot of great things about korean productions.

maybe i write a little review tomorrow after ive seen the movie, ive seen the trailer yesterday before i watched "Snakes on a plane" so maybe that made me appreciate the korean movie more haha.

glad you like my reel :) wish the dozens of production companys ive been visiting in the last few weeks would think the same *g

• Premium Member

The film is by Bong Joon Ho, the director of the amazing "Memories of Murder", the best Korean film I have ever seen. 'The Host' was shown in Cannes, but I missed the screening. It just got shown on a festival in the UK and it seems there will be a theatrical release later this year. I can't wait to see this one.

The film is by Bong Joon Ho, the director of the amazing "Memories of Murder", the best Korean film I have ever seen. 'The Host' was shown in Cannes, but I missed the screening. It just got shown on a festival in the UK and it seems there will be a theatrical release later this year. I can't wait to see this one.

cool thanks for that. ill let you know how it was :)

just came back from the cinema, yeah it is...interesting...not your typical horror movie. but with some very subtle story elements in it :) the cinematography ranged from bahh to wow, some shots were really really nice, others werent all that hot. The VFX were generally pretty good, done by a company form san francisco ("the orphanage" or something). if the movie gets a screening at a theatre near you and youre interested in asian cinema, go and see it. everyone else might be disappointed.