Kinor 16 run time

Tristin Deveau

I've been looking into the Kinor 16 SX-2M a little bit, and I keep running into a 'maximum run time' field in the description, being listed at 10 minutes. Is this just talking about the fact that the maximum mag size if 400', which is about 10min. in 24fps, or does this refer to something else?

I've been looking into the Kinor 16 SX-2M a little bit, and I keep running into a 'maximum run time' field in the description, being listed at 10 minutes. Is this just talking about the fact that the maximum mag size if 400', which is about 10min. in 24fps, or does this refer to something else?

The original user manual of Kinor-16 camera ( 16CX-2M.00.000 TO) Show :

"greatly possible time unceasing film shooting - 10 minutes ".

I think, this is the running time of one 400 magazine at speed 25 fps.

I make a some test with run of 4 pcs of 120 m film magazines with pause for connect next magazine.

After, i open a lid of motor, check temperature of electronic parts, to open a front part of body and check temperature of base parts of mechanism.

I can tell, i not see increase of temperature too much.

All parts have " normal " temperature and i think, the parts of Kinor have very good cooling.

I check of operating current of electrical motor for all magazines and not see change too much too.

This is confirm of idea, what mechanism not lost oil and not change a resistance of rotation.

The original user manual to show information about service.

You need set 2-3 drops of oil on oil channel ( red points near film gate ) and base axis of mirror disk ( hole inside screw of mirror disk ) not less one times at month.

After service, need run camera at speed 25 fps 10-15 sec.

The detailed service and outside inspection need do not less one time at 3 months and after run 10000 m of film.