Arri 2C Training... that's a great idea!

Guest ReadyTeddy

Guest ReadyTeddy

I was just talking about this subject with my local rental house.

I'm finding it hard to locate local ACs and other crew with skills and experience in shooting film. Most people I run into think shooting "film" means using the 24P setting on a Panny DVX100.

Step right up here ladies and gentlemen, especially those who want to learn how to shoot a real film in 35mm.

I would be happy to teach anyone how to operate and take care of an Arri 2C, for a small fee, of course. The money would go to a good cause... servicing my Arri 2C! If anyone would like to shoot a very short subject (something like a 30 second commercial) in 35mm, we could storyboard and do it with my camera package. You pick up the cost of the stock, processing and post. Then you have a nice piece to add to your reel and resume.

We can do this over a weekend. Saturday we go over the camera and its care and feeding and we can shoot the spot on Sunday.

Now here's the win-win...

You do well in my "class" and I'll hire you as my AC. And pay you, too! That way you earn back your "tuition". I've got several film projects in the pipeline and most of them will be done in 35mm, so the work is there. If you're smart, mature, talented and reliable, I'll keep you busy.

Drop me a line if this sounds interesting. No tire kickers, please. Tell your friends who want to be real filmmakers. I'll do a class in NYC if 4 people pay and show up. Since I live in Boston, I can do it for a smaller group locally.

Here is my package:

Arri 2C with VS, CS and CP Crystal Sync motors

3x200' and 5x400' Film Magazines

Complete set of SII and SIII Cooke Speed Panchro Primes 18-75mm

Complete set of Zeiss Standard T2.2 Primes 16-180mm (Very sharp!)

Angenieux 10x25mm T3.9 Zoom

Kilfitt 40mm and 90mm Macros

Sachtler 150mm head

Ronford Standard and Baby Sticks

Arri Matte Box

Arri High Hat

Arri Shoulder Brace (Yes, Virginia, you can hand hold a 2C. I've done it.).

Cine 60 Flat Base

Cine 60 Battery Belt

Cine 60 Blimp

You can definitely shoot a real movie with this.