Harrison Film Changing Tents

Hi there!

I was wondering if there is a big difference between the older Harrison film tents than the new ones? I have the opportunity of buying an older one (5 years old) but it's never been used. It doesn't have the double elastic sleeves, but everything else seems the same.

If there is a big difference, I'll get one of the new ones.

Thanks!

Dave

There shouldn't be any difference. I have worked with way older tents and had no problem. But before you buy it check if it has been stored properly and is still in good condition.

I decided to not get the tent after all. I thought it would be best to buy brand new, and svae myself any future grief.

Thanks for the reply though ... I appreciate it.

Dave

• Premium Member
I decided to not get the tent after all. I thought it would be best to buy brand new, and svae myself any future grief.

Thanks for the reply though ... I appreciate it.

Dave

Probably a good idea. In my mind, the only reaosn to sell something like that is if there's something wrong with it and you want a new one.

Probably a good idea. In my mind, the only reaosn to sell something like that is if there's something wrong with it and you want a new one.

I agree, it's probably not a good idea to buy a used one from a stranger (at least without having the opportunity to inspect it and do the film strip test mentioned on the Harrison website first). However, I don't think it's suspicious that someone is selling one - I bought a jumbo tent from a focus puller I work with often and trust. He simply had no need for it anymore, and had bought it late in his loading career. He barely used it because he went up to focus not long after and tended to only use the jumbo if absolutely necessary. It's had no problems.

So obviously, buyer beware and try to check it out in person if possible.

Edited by Jon Kukla