Recently purchased Konvas 2M.. question.

s. amed hussaini

I'm the new proud owner of a Konvas 2M. This is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280033953276

It's currently in the mail... so I haven't actually had my hands on it. That said, I'm unsure what cord goes into what, and generally how things are setup so I wanted to make sure I'm good to go when it arrives.

Now, for anyone experienced here.. taking into account what is in the pictures of what I'll be receiving, what necessary cords or converters or plugs or anything will I need in addition to what I'll receive in the auction will I need to power and/charge the battery and unit in the US?

Thanks in advance.

Sy

Edited by s. amed hussaini

I'm the new proud owner of a Konvas 2M. This is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280033953276

It's currently in the mail... so I haven't actually had my hands on it. That said, I'm unsure what cord goes into what, and generally how things are setup so I wanted to make sure I'm good to go when it arrives.

Now, for anyone experienced here.. taking into account what is in the pictures of what I'll be receiving, what necessary cords or converters or plugs or anything will I need in addition to what I'll receive in the auction will I need to power and/charge the battery and unit in the US?

Thanks in advance.

Sy

This is Konvas-2M camera with 15 EPSS motor.

15 EPSS motor have power cord with connector on end and you need connect of this power cord on power unit connector. You not need any additional power cords for run motor.

15EPSS motor have extension power cord with on-off switch.( I see on image )

This cord connect with power connector of motor and with power unit.

15EPSS motor can use 8.5 v battery, not connect 12 v battery, because, you will destroy power unit.

You can have problem seek 8.5 v battery because, you will need battery with big power 10..15 ah.

If you will use speeds not more 24 fps, you can use 6 v 4 ah or 6 v 10 ah batteries.

Other idea - modify of power unit for 12 v battery.

I'm camera technician , repair and service of russian and west cameras.

If you will have any other questions about Konvas cameras send me letter on my e-mail olex@a-teleport.com or check of my pages.

I can suppose, you will need 400 ft film magazines on future and after a some time, you can have idea replace motor on crystal sync speed.

You can need of zoom lens, this can be Foton, 35 OPF-7-1 , 35 OPF-15-1 25-250 mm, 35 OPF-18-1 20-120 mm or any other.

You can need universal compendium of Konvas-2M camera too.

This is Konvas-2M camera with 15 EPSS motor.

15 EPSS motor have power cord with connector on end and you need connect of this power cord on power unit connector. You not need any additional power cords for run motor.

15EPSS motor have extension power cord with on-off switch.( I see on image )

This cord connect with power connector of motor and with power unit.

15EPSS motor can use 8.5 v battery, not connect 12 v battery, because, you will destroy power unit.

You can have problem seek 8.5 v battery because, you will need battery with big power 10..15 ah.

If you will use speeds not more 24 fps, you can use 6 v 4 ah or 6 v 10 ah batteries.

Other idea - modify of power unit for 12 v battery.

I'm camera technician , repair and service of russian and west cameras.

If you will have any other questions about Konvas cameras send me letter on my e-mail olex@a-teleport.com or check of my pages.

I can suppose, you will need 400 ft film magazines on future and after a some time, you can have idea replace motor on crystal sync speed.

You can need of zoom lens, this can be Foton, 35 OPF-7-1 , 35 OPF-15-1 25-250 mm, 35 OPF-18-1 20-120 mm or any other.

You can need universal compendium of Konvas-2M camera too.

So... the battery that comes with this kit is insufficient? And concerning the power connectors, do I need some sort of conversion cord or something to plug into standard Western Three-Prong plugs (plug into wall)?

It looks like the 2M comes with a straight viewfinder instead of an orientable one. See if you can get an orientable one from RafCamera, it makes things easier.

Kev

Kevin,

I'll look into that. Although Olex's post seems informative, it almost confuses me more! (no offense Olex).

What do you know about this battery system I'm getting? I'm mostly concerned about the plug.. will I need to get an adaptor for American 3-pin plugs? If so, which one?

So... the battery that comes with this kit is insufficient? And concerning the power connectors, do I need some sort of conversion cord or something to plug into standard Western Three-Prong plugs (plug into wall)?

The power unit of 15EPSS motor have not any battery inside.

The seller show : "Battery power source (without accumulators) # 790351 "

The matter is that, the power unit of 15EPSS motor to design for russian silver-zinc cells SC-15 15ah.

This is cells had many silver inside , that's why had special system of register, similar of registration of precious metals. From other side, silver-zinc cells have very short life time, one year after pouring of electrolyte. Now, silver-zinc cells not make.

The use of any plugs not possible, because, power unit take big current from battery( up to 25 A).

That's why, the battery must be connect with minimum length of wires and wires must have big

thickness. You need use original wires for connect battery inside power unit.

The simply version, connect 6v 4 ah battery. This battery can be set inside power unit.

6 ah small power, any you will need a few spare batteries, but, the camera will work.

About viewfinder.

Yes, Kevin send correct question.

This is Konavas-2M camera have not original orientable viewifnder of Konvas-1M, Konvas-2M cameras.

The camera have viewfinder similar of Konvas-1 or anamorphic viewfinder of 1,1M,2M cameras.

But, i not see special part on viewfinder for connect this type of viewfinder with 1M, 2M body.

Possible, you will need adjust of position of viewfinder.

I think, the idea to set of original orientable viewfinder the good.

About almost confuses , not worry too much, you buy Konvas-2M camera with very low price and you must be happy.

This camera can need service, adjust and test, and can be use for real shooting.

The power unit of 15EPSS motor have not any battery inside.

The seller show : "Battery power source (without accumulators) # 790351 "

The matter is that, the power unit of 15EPSS motor to design for russian silver-zinc cells SC-15 15ah.

This is cells had many silver inside , that's why had special system of register, similar of registration of precious metals. From other side, silver-zinc cells have very short life time, one year after pouring of electrolyte. Now, silver-zinc cells not make.

The use of any plugs not possible, because, power unit take big current from battery( up to 25 A).

That's why, the battery must be connect with minimum length of wires and wires must have big

thickness. You need use original wires for connect battery inside power unit.

The simply version, connect 6v 4 ah battery. This battery can be set inside power unit.

6 ah small power, any you will need a few spare batteries, but, the camera will work.

About viewfinder.

Yes, Kevin send correct question.

This is Konavas-2M camera have not original orientable viewifnder of Konvas-1M, Konvas-2M cameras.

The camera have viewfinder similar of Konvas-1 or anamorphic viewfinder of 1,1M,2M cameras.

But, i not see special part on viewfinder for connect this type of viewfinder with 1M, 2M body.

Possible, you will need adjust of position of viewfinder.

I think, the idea to set of original orientable viewfinder the good.

About almost confuses , not worry too much, you buy Konvas-2M camera with very low price and you must be happy.

This camera can need service, adjust and test, and can be use for real shooting.

thank you olex, i think i'm beginning to understand now.

so i will need one of these:

http://www.batterywholesale.com/battery-st....html?prodID=62

and one of these to charge it?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...C=SEO&U=mlp

I think it will make the most sense when I actually have the camera in my hands.