Camera

Matthew Buick

Guest shutter bug
I'm looking at purchasing a Bell & Howell MS45, and then getting the CM4 command module, this offers loads of features, would you guys say this is a good choice.

Thanks

Matthew Buick

just get a beaulieu and be done with it man!

• Premium Member
just get a beaulieu and be done with it man!

Shutter bug, if you are referring to the Beaulieu 4008 series, which I assume you are because those seem to be the most common and cheapest line, take note that many of these cameras do not come with battery chargers and packs. This means you can either 1) buy one individually at astronomical rates or 2) build it yourself. The packages that include the charger tend to be far more expensive. I have honestly seen just the pack and charger go for $150 by itself. Hardly a value if you ask me. I would much rather spend that money on a Canon 1014E which does pretty much everything the Beaulieu 4008 series can do.

Also, I should remind you that this community has a real name policy that ALL must follow. I had to comply so I dont know why you dont also.

Also, I should remind you that this community has a real name policy that ALL must follow. I had to comply so I dont know why you dont also.

Did santo leave before or after that policy was announced? I had a moment earlier when I wondered if that might be more the reason for his departure...

Nah, he just left. As for the 4008 Beaulieu power supply, I saw a walkie talkie battery pack yesterday that put out 7.2V, perfect for the 4008. I think I'll try it.

My most used S8 camera is the Nikon R8. It's quick, easy, and takes fine images. Dunno about the Bell & Howell, haven't seen one.