Depth of field calculator for canon/fuji broadcast video lenses

• Premium Member
Hi,

... Does anyone know of a dof caluclator for these 2/3" zoom lenses? I know Kelly now make one for HD lenses but not these... any help would be appreciated.

Rupe Whiteman

I've always used 16mm charts for 2/3 inch chip cameras. It's a similar size frame and I just estimated I'd have a little more DoF than the chart since focus isn't quite as critical.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm a media production student and doing a project on Cinematography, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a print out, cut up, and pin together DOF calculator. Seems all the images I have found are too pixelated to print out and use, guess thats cause they want me to buy one, but I don't have the money at the moment.

I found a couple of simple ones online so far but I'm greedy and I want one with all the extras on.

Thank you.

Jessica

Cheers Andre,

The DOF Calc on that site does look good, I had checked the site before, but I am more looking to make a card board version of the plastic ones you can buy that you spin round to check the set up. I guess I am being lazy, with the equations I could just work out a simple design, I just wondered if anyone had one ready I could use.

Thanks again for your reply,

Best regards.

Jessica