Accessories Advice

Demian Barba

HI,

I am shooting a feature in Algeria with the HVX-200. The entire camera package is comming from New York and finding acesories over there will be almost impossible.

I have shot several times with the HVX but never for long periods like this (1 and a half months) . Is there anything I should take extra items off? What is your experience with this camera?

Thanks

HI,

I am shooting a feature in Algeria with the HVX-200. The entire camera package is comming from New York and finding acesories over there will be almost impossible.

I have shot several times with the HVX but never for long periods like this (1 and a half months) . Is there anything I should take extra items off? What is your experience with this camera?

Thanks

My experience is good -;)

Have a field monitor capable of 720 - the Panny is lovely

Plenty of p2 cards & a p2 reader + at least one firestore + extra batteries for the firestore

Extra batteries - like 4-5 if you're unsure of when you can charge

Have fun!

Gunleik

Actually, I have to differ slightly from Gunleik's advice. Not that I think he is wrong, exactly, just that I am not a fan of the limitation of the firestore. I think a few P2 Cards & a P2Store are quite sufficient for feature work. I've shot 4 features this year with the HVX using 2 4GB P2-cards and one P2 Store. I've almost never had to delay production to wait for downloading. And the ability to record 720PN with the frame rate & playback flexibility has been very useful.

Actually, I have to differ slightly from Gunleik's advice. Not that I think he is wrong, exactly, just that I am not a fan of the limitation of the firestore. I think a few P2 Cards & a P2Store are quite sufficient for feature work. I've shot 4 features this year with the HVX using 2 4GB P2-cards and one P2 Store. I've almost never had to delay production to wait for downloading. And the ability to record 720PN with the frame rate & playback flexibility has been very useful.

Agreed.

I was just taking into account that you could find yourself far and away from elctricity (even in the midst of a city) for quite a while as local infrastructural facilities could have some impact on the production.

But for sure!

Gunleik