DVX100B problem! Green cast & pixel noise.

Sergio

Hi all,

I have run into a problem with my camera. I fear it is a CCD issue, please let me know if anyone has had this similar problem.

greenA.jpg

greenB.jpg

As you can see, the whole image is a green cast, and in the dark areas there is black pixel noise. I have checked all the menus and reset them to original factory settings. I need this camera for a shoot next week, but think I may have to take it in for servicing. The problem happened after a new tape was inserted, the camera was turned on and it looked like this. As far as I know the user never dropped it or miss handled it.

Does anyone know what may be up with it?

• Premium Member

Hi,

Well, if it's doing it on colour bars, it's not going to be a CCD issue, because the colour bars aren't generated by the CCDs!

Whatever's wrong with it, nobody's going to be able to fix it without the right tools and jigs and the places that have those are going to be Panasonic service centres. Send it off and stand by for an eyewatering bill.

Phil

Hi,

Well, if it's doing it on colour bars, it's not going to be a CCD issue, because the colour bars aren't generated by the CCDs!

Whatever's wrong with it, nobody's going to be able to fix it without the right tools and jigs and the places that have those are going to be Panasonic service centres. Send it off and stand by for an eyewatering bill.

Phil

Uggg.... are these the ones listed on the panasonic site? or are there other repair centers that are not listed on the site which may also be able to do this?

• 3 weeks later...