Super8 Camera Shop

Scott Bullock

I'm wondering if anyone has ever ordered any equipment from Super8 Camera Shop?

I ordered some equipment from them and was told it would take 1 - 2 weeks to arrive. However, it's now been 4 weeks since I placed the order and my package still hasn't arrived.

Is it possible that this guy just has an unrealistic expectation with regard to worldwide shipping (the company is in Germany), or is my stuff lost in the mail somewhere?

Any advice, opinions, experiences? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Glenn Brady

I've placed two orders with Super 8 Camera Shop with no problems. A light parcel arrived in the USA in two weeks, but a heavier parcel shipped by surface mail required six weeks. Both items were as described.

Hi Glenn;

Did he tell you that the heavier parcel was going to take 6 weeks to arrive? In other words, were the shipping estimates posted on his website accurate? I'm just not sure if I should have him file a claim or not, or if I should wait another week or two.

Thanks for the response.

I've bought two cameras from them and had a great experience both times. Yes, the items took about a week or so longer than they claimed but no big deal. The cameras were exactly as advertised on their website; they were in great condition, functioning, and warrantied. Plus they were packaged nicely--plenty of cushioning. I have no complaints. In fact, I'm thinking of buying one of their editor/viewers now.

Victor

Guest Glenn Brady

Hi, Scott. As I recall, I wasn't advised by the Super 8 Camera Shop that my second parcel was sent by a different means than the first and, as such, would take three times longer to arrive. I wouldn't be too concerned unless six weeks passes and you've still not received your merchandise. So far, I've not lost any packages that I've shipped or that have been shipped to me internationally (although a Nikon AP-2 panoramic head that I sent to a buyer in the Netherlands was held up in customs there for about a month).