M2 HD on the GY-HD100

Andrew Spirk

I've been putting together a package that includes the GY-HD110 and the M2 HD for Nikon Lenses and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this specific package? Not necessarily the Nikon lens mount, but how the M2 interfaces and enhances the overall capabilities of the JVC. Will it give a closer to 35 look with the proper SLR lens (without having to go for the PL mount)? Also, I'm very impressed by the look of the Mini35, but it is out of my price range, but does the M2 compare to this at all. I know it does not use prime lenses, but I imagine that the difference would be in specific areas and if anyone can shed light on this matter it would make my purchase decision that much smoother.

Thanks again, forum is a wealth of information, glad I found it.

Nice article there. It really goes to show what this camera has to offer combined with that 35 adaptor. Does anyone here have some personal experience with this setup? I'd like to get some of your opinions.

Yeah, I have used the HD100 wit the M2. It's was pretty ok. Not as sharp as I would like it to be, but the real limitation was the Nikon stills lenses. They just breathe too much to use in any professional production for my tastes. I think if you are doing some serious work you should rent some PL motion picture lenses.

About that article, it's really a great piece, very informative. But it's quite dated already and since them new 35mm adapter have hit the market, like the Brevis and the Sgpro, which I find both better than the M2. Specially the Sgpro. The latest demo clip is incredibly sharp and has the nicest bokeh of all the 35mm adapters in my opinion. They are about to release a PL mount version, which I?m tempted to get. If I ever buy one of those adapters it will have to be a PL mount.