Pro Video Film and a C.P. GSMO

Joe Walker

Hey all,

I know you've probably all gotten real tired of me always bringing up CP GSMO's all the time, but I gotta ask about this one. So I'm always trolling around ebay, looking for that magically sweet deal, always praying for that day when I'll see the GSMO that's got everything....I mean EVERYTHING!!! And every three weeks, the same GSMO package continues to surface. It's always cordially wrapped under the title, "Super 16 GSMO Documentary package". It has been listed...repetitively for the past six years....for $9,999 from a seller named Pro Video Film in Dallas Texas. About three years ago, I made an offer on the camera, and was rejected. I recently re-made that offer to them. And was rejected again. Here are the facts: the camera comes with two mags, a 12.5mm CP Ultra Prime Lens, an orientable viewfinder, two batteries + charger, and NOTHING ELSE. Supposedly it is a factory Super 16 GSMO. Those are the facts. Here are my questions:

1. How on earth can this be called a "Documentary Package" when it clearly comes with the bear necessities and no zoom lens?

2. How on earth can anyone think of asking for $10K for a GSMO, and continue for six years asking for that amount for this camera? For $10K I could buy an Arri SR with a ZEISS ZOOM from Visual Products.

3. Did CP even make a factory Super 16mm GSMO? I've been told "no" by one former CP tech.

4. Has anyone ever dealt with Pro Video Film before? They're other prices seem very high.

I know some of you are going to instantly reply with "Well just buy the SR from Visual products." Yes it is a better camera. But understand this is solely for me to just own and play around with. I used to own a CP GSMO many moons ago, and like a total dumb_ss, I sold it. Anyways, any help with the above questions would be appreciated. Thanks as always. Please don't get mad at me for bringing it up again.

Joe Walker

• Premium Member

Joe,

One of the problems about living in this wonderful country of ours (besides the current administration ;)) is that there are far too many lawyers, and you can be sued for saying anything about a person's business that could lose that person business, even if what you say is true. So it would be highly unwise for anyone who lives in the US to say anything negative about Pro Video and Film, because then we could be sued, even if what we say is true.

I would recommend looking at the prices of equipment being sold, compare those prices to others out there, and make up your own mind. The reason some places can post things for sale and not worry about whether they sell or not is because they may be selling those things on consignment. So they are not out any money if it does not sell, and they have no money tied up in the items.

What I can say is that the folks at Visual Products are extremely reputable and I would feel comfortable buying anything from them. Not only is there merchandise warranted, but it is also top notch. I have bought numerous things from them over the years and have been very pleased by every transaction. Can't say enough positive about them.

And you might want to give Mike Casey or Jim a call and have them look out for a GSMO for you, they have many connections in the field.

-Tim