Fuji Reala 500D

Guest Ole Dost

Guest Ole Dost

Has someone experience with this Negativ-stock? What about colours/grain? Did you like it?

How does it look with a 80-Filter for Tungsten-shooting? Thank you! Great Forum with lots of help and useful information!

Ole

• Premium Member

It's a somewhat soft & grainy stock, particularly in 16mm, with a somewhat lower-contrast look with more pastel colors. The 80A would just correct it for tungsten-balance, but at a nearly 2-stop loss, so you'd get much better results using Eterna 250T or even F-125T (500 ASA with a two-stop loss would be 125 ASA.)

Hi

I shoot my latest project using 500 d reala. A short film super 16 .At the exteriors the shots where perfect

the project was low badget and had alot of handheld shots using 16- 25mm lenses, the stock gives about 16-22 f stop exposure witch is perfect for handheld. But i dint like the "video look" of the depth of fild.I agree that it has lower contrast but is not very bad especialy with the sun here in Greece. The light is very hard and i choose generaly faster films. Some stock i used it for interiors after the externa 250 finished. The colors where very cold. I used ony tungsten fresnels arri and dedos. The blow up was very good. But a close up under exposed blow the grain out. At the past i liked this stock because i thing that it gives a "sezan look".

sorry for my English :blink:

Guest Ole Dost
Hi

I shoot my latest project using 500 d reala. A short film super 16 .At the exteriors the shots where perfect

the project was low badget and had alot of handheld shots using 16- 25mm lenses, the stock gives about 16-22 f stop exposure witch is perfect for handheld. But i dint like the "video look" of the depth of fild.I agree that it has lower contrast but is not very bad especialy with the sun here in Greece. The light is very hard and i choose generaly faster films. Some stock i used it for interiors after the externa 250 finished. The colors where very cold. I used ony tungsten fresnels arri and dedos. The blow up was very good. But a close up under exposed blow the grain out. At the past i liked this stock because i thing that it gives a "sezan look".

sorry for my English :blink:

Thank you for your answers! You know -I got some leftover Fuji 500D very chaeply and so i HAVE TO use it. I was asking because I wanted to know what I have to expect. Your answers are giving me a good imagination about this.