New Music Video Shot On HDV

I have just finished a music video shot on HDV and thought i would share it. I am new to this forum, but it looks like a really good resource for me for future projects.

http://www.pixelloft.com/music_videos.htm

The video i have just completed is at the top of the page and I used my Sony FX1 with a 35mm adapter I made some years ago.

Any and all critique is welcome.

Thanks, Nick

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
I have just finished a music video shot on HDV and thought i would share it. I am new to this forum, but it looks like a really good resource for me for future projects.

The video i have just completed is at the top of the page and I used my Sony FX1 with a 35mm adapter I made some years ago.

Thanks, Nick

VERY Nice. I have a FX1 and am wondering why the 35mm adapter? Also, do you know of any follow-focus adapters for that camera that aren't ridiculously priced?

Nicholas,

Very nice video - did I spot a knoll factory flare in there? ;)

Question: I went to your site, PixelLoft, and your system supports HD-SDI, Component Capture at 12bit, etc. Did you use component capture at any point from the FX1 (real time video, not play back of HDV) to get uncompressed 8bit 4:2:2 which is better than the HDV 8-bit MPEG GOP 4:2:0?

I have a Decklink HD.. never captured live from the Z1U/FX1 but I've been meaning to.. just curious if this style ever entered your work flow, and did you ever consider it?

Cheers!

Thanks, Nick

I have to say your doing a great job! not mush to say about the songs though! Can you email me at PARRAVISION@YAHOO.COM I would like to discuss your fees for 3d work. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys, sorry for the late reply, been busy trying to get more work hehe.

I did use knoll light factory to embellish the existing flares in the footage, well spotted.

For the interior car shots we used a door mount rig, and a 50mm lens, i believe at f1.4 or something similar. I also did some handheld work from the front and rear seats.

I have captured uncompressed from the fx1 before, and it is a lot better... did it for some chromakey work.

I have sold my FX1 now, and will hopefully hoot my next projects on HDCAM with digiprimes.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Nick

i like your work very much

which on was shoot with the fx1

did you shoot the upside down clip with the adaptor?

which adaptor was it ? how did you get the high shutter with this adaptor

how did you captured the uncompressed ?

did you bring your PC to the set?

you do all the work by yourself !!!!!!

you deserve applause