Could it be true a $350 HMI Light?

Since I never heard of this company and something about the website url is abit fishy, I would do alittle homework. Maybe one of the established DP's or Directors could contact them and ask if they can get a free sample for review, in exchange for an article etc. Its been done before so no harm in trying. But if its the real deal that would be sweet.

• Premium Member

NO, that's highly misleading advertising. What they are selling is metal halide. And, it's the "tungsten equivalent" of 800 watts... In reality, the metal halide lamps are only 140W, not 800W. And, they're 5200 degree Kelvin, not 5600 Kelvin (like HMI's). I've also heard (but not experienced) that metal halide ballasts can be NOISY! Basically, it's not a $300 Joker Bug, like the ad copy implies. Far from it.

If it sounds too good to be true. . .

The company (or one like it) was displaying and selling them at last years DV Expo in New York. They reflector is like a salad bowl, spun from thin aluminum. The admitted that it would not survive in a grip truck, unless disassembled and protected in some type of case (of your own design).