smallformat 4/2006

Guest filmfreund

Guest filmfreund

smallformat42006.jpg

I think our new issue must have reached most of our readers by now. Any reactions, wishes, complaints? :roll:

By the way: Any new subscriber gets an Ektachrome 64 T for free. And if an existing subscriber finds another one, both will get a free copy of the picture book "CUT - All about splicers". Just send me a mail/private message with your address.

Juergen Lossau

editor

www.smallformat.de

I wish I could comment, still waiting for my copy to show up. :) Anybody in the USA gotten theirs yet?

I received mine some days ago (October 14 to be specific) along with the bill for the ad. The speed of receipt may be partly due to the desire for speedy payment.

I was quite interested in the 5 page Kodachrome Lab article and the writeup on strange old cameras. Some of the other writeups are quite forgettable.

I was quite irked to see a 6 page (!) article on our arch-enemy :-) MovieStuff but nothing ever on us! We have been making crystal motors for cine cameras for some 32 years and are now making telecine devices also, now that the camera market is dying or at least saturated.

I was puzzled by the "Flashrecord" blurb describing it as a film recorder (a term normally applied to equipment for exposing film from a CRT or laser beam, coming from a video signal) when reading more closely it appears to be instead a telecine.

There are a few other instances of "almost-English" but I can't complain as the writers' command of English are about 100,000 times better than my feeble and mostly forgotten knowledge of German.