Controller for 15EPSS Motor

Henri Mathieu

Hi

What is the action of the PABOTA + ( Pi) PL TEM(Pi)EPATYPE - Switch main power or power for CBET

connector?

Is the MAIN POWER SWITCH the orange switch at the left ?

Thanks

H.MATHIEU

You have old edition of power unit of 15EPSS motor with additional switch for use of motor with " normal" temperature and with " low " temperature.

15 EPSS motor can be use with ambient temperature +40...-30C.

If the ambient temperature above zero C, you need set switch on postion " +", if the below the zero C, you need set on "-".

The switch "T" +/- influence on speed of 24 fps ( black mark of 24 ) only.

The other positions of speed have not correction of temperature.

You can see two position of speed switch " black 24 " and " red 24 ".

The position of switch of speed " black 24 " must be use for load 600 GrCM, with normal condition of mechanism, normal condition of ambient temperature. The power unit can work long time on this position.

The position of switch " red 24 " ( augmented mode ) design for high load 1000 GrCm and can be use at low temperature, and 120 m film magazine. This is mode use a heightened power of power unit and have heightened operating current up to 23 A. That's why, you can use this mode not more 1 minutes with long time of waiting between work time.

The speed of 32 fps switch of power unit on augmented mode too and will take operating curret from battery 17..23 A and you must use this mode not more 1 minutes too.

The connector " CBET " have not any power, This is contacts of relay for on-off of outside lighter.

You press on start-stop switch on motor, the reley close a contact 1-2 of connector " CBET".

The switch of main power ( orange switch at the left ) to control of power of all electronics.

You have said in a post that 15EPSS motor can run at 24i/s with a 6v battery of 4A or 10 A in place of the rare 8V.

If i understand well it is better in this option to run with the small charger of 200 feet on 24 black in place of the 400 feet on red 24.

Thanks

H.MATHIEU

You have said in a post that 15EPSS motor can run at 24i/s with a 6v battery of 4A or 10 A in place of the rare 8V.

If i understand well it is better in this option to run with the small charger of 200 feet on 24 black in place of the 400 feet on red 24.

Thanks

H.MATHIEU

The matter is that, the electronics of original power unit of 15EPSS can work with battery only and not work with any AC power sources. I check a few AC power supply and this not work correct.

15EPSS need battery with 8.2 v, the original battery had 15 ah.

From my personal experience, i use 6 v 4ah battery. You can use 10 ah battery too.

Other idea- mosidfy of electroncis for 12 v 7 ah battery, Thsi is possible.

200 ft magzine with film need less power from motor and battery, when of 400 ft magazine, but, I use

4ah batteries with 400 ft magazunes too and camera work fine.

The red 24 position of speed - spare position, If you see, what motor not run with 24 fps,( low power of battery, low temperature ) you can set 24 red position and run camera on short time.

The matter is that, the electronics of original power unit of 15EPSS can work with battery only and not work with any AC power sources. I check a few AC power supply and this not work correct.

15EPSS need battery with 8.2 v, the original battery had 15 ah.

From my personal experience, i use 6 v 4ah battery. You can use 10 ah battery too.

Other idea- mosidfy of electroncis for 12 v 7 ah battery, Thsi is possible.

200 ft magzine with film need less power from motor and battery, when of 400 ft magazine, but, I use

4ah batteries with 400 ft magazunes too and camera work fine.

The red 24 position of speed - spare position, If you see, what motor not run with 24 fps,( low power of battery, low temperature ) you can set 24 red position and run camera on short time.

Thanks for the reply

H.MATHIEU

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the reply

H.MATHIEU

I have tested my 15epss motor with 6V 7ah lead batterry and with 4X Hawker Cyclon 2V 5ah in serie total 8V 5ah.

It work fine at 24 f/s.

But for the first time , I have bad contact in R1 relay (P1 on the shematic) , after un small intervention it work .

Is the R1 relay existing as part?

Thanks

H.MATHIEU

I have tested my 15epss motor with 6V 7ah lead batterry and with 4X Hawker Cyclon 2V 5ah in serie total 8V 5ah.

It work fine at 24 f/s.

But for the first time , I have bad contact in R1 relay (P1 on the shematic) , after un small intervention it work .

Is the R1 relay existing as part?

Thanks

H.MATHIEU

With 8 V battery, motor must have speed 32 fps too.

The contact in R1 reley can burn slightly, thta's why, need clean of contacts and if need adjust of gap between contacts.

This is reley use for switch of electronics of motor and externer lighter.

If you don't use of external lighter you can repalce of contacts from lighters on switch of electronics.

This is contacts must have good condition.

Other idea connect of contacts of relay parallel.

About reley spare parts, i dorry, this can be a some problem, because, thsi is rare device.

The full name of reley RMU version RS4.523-313.

You can use any other west reley with high current contacts and volatge of current 6..8 v.

With 8 V battery, motor must have speed 32 fps too.

The contact in R1 reley can burn slightly, thta's why, need clean of contacts and if need adjust of gap between contacts.

This is reley use for switch of electronics of motor and externer lighter.

If you don't use of external lighter you can repalce of contacts from lighters on switch of electronics.

This is contacts must have good condition.

Other idea connect of contacts of relay parallel.

About reley spare parts, i dorry, this can be a some problem, because, thsi is rare device.

The full name of reley RMU version RS4.523-313.

You can use any other west reley with high current contacts and volatge of current 6..8 v.

Now my 15epss work very fine at all speed with 60m and 120m mag loaded with film.

But i have others questions.

1/Failure in T11 (power transistor) of failure in D8 D9 (voltage réference) are serviciable today in Ukraine?

Perhaps the best to do is to buy a second controller in case of controller failure?

2/Is your update to 12v battery expensive?

thanks

H.MATHIEU

Now my 15epss work very fine at all speed with 60m and 120m mag loaded with film.

But i have others questions.

1/Failure in T11 (power transistor) of failure in D8 D9 (voltage réference) are serviciable today in Ukraine?

Perhaps the best to do is to buy a second controller in case of controller failure?

2/Is your update to 12v battery expensive?

thanks

H.MATHIEU

T11 - russian name of transistor P210

D8,- russian name D816B, you can use of any west stabilitron with voltage of stabilization 33 v+/- 15% , 10-150 mA

D9 -D220B, germanium pulses diode 100v,50ma

This is spare parts not problem, if you need, i can delivery.

To buy, second controller, good idea, 15EPSS motor have not high price now.

I think, you can buy of spare motor too.

About modification to 12 v, i make this last modification a few years ago.

Need adjust of volume resistors of voltage converter ( T1..T6 ). Will need adjust of current of transistors with volume, similar of 8 v version

and output voltage of voltage converter must be similar of 8 v version too.

If you can repair of controller, I think, you can modify for 12 v battery too.

Need have experience of repair of electroncis .