analog or digital light meter?

Chris Graham

or both? You know, i've heard so much skepticism from both parts, but it's an undeniable fact that you can't go wrong with an analog. it's simply the right data without discrepancy when read right. i'm sure you can say the same thing with a digital. i mean it's not like in cinematography we're choosing 100 choice increments of f-stops so does it really matter. i've never invested in a digi light meter tbh, but i do need another sekonic studio deluxe series replacement in analog. or should i check out digital? any recommendations, especially those who were at first skeptics but then enjoyed digital readers? thnx

or both? You know, i've heard so much skepticism from both parts, but it's an undeniable fact that you can't go wrong with an analog. it's simply the right data without discrepancy when read right. i'm sure you can say the same thing with a digital. i mean it's not like in cinematography we're choosing 100 choice increments of f-stops so does it really matter. i've never invested in a digi light meter tbh, but i do need another sekonic studio deluxe series replacement in analog. or should i check out digital? any recommendations, especially those who were at first skeptics but then enjoyed digital readers? thnx

i had a same q when i was looking for good light meter.

in the end. i went for Sekonic L558 CINE ... and i didnt regret it a second. superb lightmeter.

From the book: 'exponiendo una idea', digital light meter suffer from a certain 'inertia' given that the numbers cannot change too fast to not confuse the operator. I have an analog pentax spot meter and it's about 40 years old... as new.