FILM CORES FOR ARRI 16S 400FT MAGS

stephen defilippi

Hi

i just bought three 400ft mags for my arri camera and need to find 2 cores that are missing. Other than ebay is there a source. Someone suggested making them out of wood with a washer screwed below so that it locks on. That seems like a lot of work, and im not sure im up to the work. I also though about cannabilizing a 100 foot dayload reel for its core, and loading film onto that. any ideas. am i nuts to try the dayload reel. thanks stephen

• Premium Member

You can buy them directly from ARRI (expensive) or you could try Visual Products, or eBay. Be aware that you need ARRI cores. Bolex cores, though they look the same, will not fit.

I would not think cutting down a 100 ft daylight spool would be too easy. Plus, once the film is wound around it, how are you going to get it off? Are you going to send the cut down spool to the lab, and if so, what are you going to do for the next film load, cut down another 100 ft daylight spool?

-Tim

• Premium Member
Hi

i just bought three 400ft mags for my arri camera and need to find 2 cores that are missing. Other than ebay is there a source. Someone suggested making them out of wood with a washer screwed below so that it locks on. That seems like a lot of work, and im not sure im up to the work. I also though about cannabilizing a 100 foot dayload reel for its core, and loading film onto that. any ideas. am i nuts to try the dayload reel. thanks stephen

Give a lab a call. Core adapters get sent with film on accident all the time. I bet they would gladly sell you a couple of their "stock." ;)