Minimum focussing distance for Eumig Nautica

Patrick Cooper

I am wondering if anybody here has an instructional manual for the Eumig Nautica. I need to know the specific minimum focussing distance when the PMA wide angle adapter is attached underwater with a good amount of light. I think this was about 0.2 or 0.5 meters but I can't recall exactly. Additionally, I need to know the minimum focussing distance of this camera when it is in the macro mode underwater (with the PMA removed and the dial in the down position.) I am in the midst of writing an article and any knowledge of these specific details would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I am wondering if anybody here has an instructional manual for the Eumig Nautica. I need to know the specific minimum focussing distance when the PMA wide angle adapter is attached underwater with a good amount of light. I think this was about 0.2 or 0.5 meters but I can't recall exactly. Additionally, I need to know the minimum focussing distance of this camera when it is in the macro mode underwater (with the PMA removed and the dial in the down position.) I am in the midst of writing an article and any knowledge of these specific details would be greatly appreciated.

I have the manual around here somewhere... Check back in a day or two and I'll have the answers.

According to the nomenclature I have in my files regarding this camera (I've never owned one, but I have seen them in days gone by), "the exclusive, Eumig Servofocus (sic) system keeps the lens in focus from 39 inches to infinity without adjustment (especially handy underwater)." Apparently you can also get a "unique Panoramic Macro Aspheric lens attachment for undistorted ultra wide angle shots, even underwater."

That's directly from Eumig's original advertisements for the product. Hopefully that helps.

Using once a gain this topic for my "problems" with this Eumig camera.

I still have no user manual so if you have it...please share it :D

And I wanted to know if some of you have any idea of somewhere I could find a spare PMA (wide angle) lens 'cause the one I have is badly scratched (black spot) in the middle of the lens :( ... if you have pieces of advice ;)

The current issue of Super 8 Today has an article about underwater shooting with Super 8 that includes some great information on the Eumig Nautica, and one of the previous issues, issue number one, in fact, had a "product flashback" article regarding the camera that was filled with information. Check it out: Super 8 Today