T-Rex SuperScope Lens System

hello collegues.....!

haha, next month Im shooting a publicity were I have to use the t-rex superscope... does sby knows were I can download the manual or the brochure or sth ? and, as I never used it, what were your experiencies using it? or any tips I need to know... those things you learn or notice while shooting .... thanks !! It's a pleasure to receive post from collegues from other places!!

hola

usualy those kind of lens are super easy to focus because they open around 5.6 and the lens is 2 feet away from the camera body which gives you a depth of field from th glass of the lens itself to few feet away if it's not infinity.

it's made of a "pipe" that goes between the camera body and the lens itself wich is interchangeable. you have the full range coming with the system.

it has also a ring inside that you can spin manualy (to level the image) or with a motor zoom to spin the image and stop it to the apropriate moment (marked).

is the dop from argentina to?

how is the commercials buisness going in argentina?

good luck

Bonjour , ca va bien? thanks for answering !!

... business here quite good, depends the month the dop is from here ... I have other questions ... about the t-rex , this system, comes with its own lenses ? or you can put the optic you want?? do you have a special mattebox? clip on? were do you put the filters? how do you pull focus? and you have to use it with servos , like the scorpio? or you can use it manually?

The T-rex is a great system. It comes with its own lenses, which are a set of short zooms (18-30, 28-40, etc.). You can move the lens in three different axes (that's the multiple of axis) as well as zoom in the shot. The different axes can move independently or be interlocked. All of the controls are on geared rings so that a followfocus or motor drive can control them. There's a filter slot in the back and you can use a small clip-on sunshade.

• 3 weeks later...

The T-Rex is in my experience a heavy piece of kit so I tend not to use bowl heads and tripods but for better stability flat base.

I was in Berlin last week and the guys form FGV rental showed me a T-Rex like lens system from P+S and Skater which has some cool (if you like that sort of thing) functions. It's also a rotating lens principle which allows you to look round corners and and the such!

As far as a T-Rex manual is concerned the thing is fairly self explanatory, the rental house should have a reference card for you with all the Fstop compensations. One important point is when your checking the lens out before the shoot be really careful about dirt in the system. There's a lot of glass in the T-Rex and lots of places for dirt and dust to hide. What I always do is aim the T-Rex (without lens) at a bright white surface and slowly pull the focus/zoom all the way through. Everytime I've found something and the rental guys have got it out.

Have fun and report back how your shoot went!

james